UnitedHealth Group is working to create the health care system of tomorrow.|
Already Fortune 25, we are totally focused on innovation and change. We work a little harder. We aim a little higher. We expect more from ourselves and each other. And at the end of the day, we're doing a lot of good.
Through our family of businesses and a lot of inspired individuals, we're building a high-performance health care system that works better for more people in more ways than ever. Now we're looking to reinforce our team with people who are decisive, brilliant - and built for speed.
As an Internal Audit Associate, you will be accountable for supporting the execution of the annual audit plan for UnitedHealth Group and its family of companies. This position will be part of UHG Internal Audit & Advisory Services. You will provide support to the various Internal Controls over Financial Reporting (ICFR) compliance and control initiatives including Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX), SSAE16, FDICIA and the Model Audit Rule (MAR).
Additional responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Support the audit engagement scoping and planning process (e.g., definition of approach, scope and resource requirements)
- Identify key risks and the related controls within business processes and design control test steps to address key risks
- Execute test steps to assess design and operational effectiveness of key controls, providing clear and concise testing documentation for review
- Interpret testing results and formulate conclusions based on assessment of control deficiencies and root causes
- Work with business partners to present and validate potential issues; facilitate the development of appropriate remediation plans and timelines
- Willingness and ability to travel up to 25% of the time
- Bachelors degree in finance, accounting or related discipline
- Minimum of 1 year of audit, accounting, SOX/MAR/FDICIA or related experience
- Interpersonal skills, including the ability to influence others and establish credibility with business partners
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Desire to make a positive impact with the ability to manage multiple tasks and shift priorities
- Audit experience or Managed healthcare/insurance industry experience
- Public accounting experience
UnitedHealth Group is the most diversified health care company in the United States and a leader worldwide in helping people live healthier...