We are in search of a qualifield Construction QC Inspector II - to accept a "Temporary" assignment for approximately 10 months.
Perform quality inspections on construction/engineering projects related to a construction contract. Responsible for inspecting and monitoring all testing services. Keep daily logs to include weather conditions, work performed and questions asked by the contractors.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Perform daily inspections on construction/engineering projects
• Keep daily logs of weather conditions, work performed, test readings, work approval or rejections and clarifications required by contractors
• Perform daily observation of construction projects
• Record all testing services required by specifications
• Answer questions and get clarifications for subcontractors (RF's)
• Log work in with a status of approved or rejected
• Conduct inspections of all materials brought on site
• Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Experience and Skill Requirements
• Associate’s Degree in Industrial Engineering, Business Management related field
• Minimum of five years of experience with construction quality inspections or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job
• Proficient in Microsoft Office suite of programs
• Strong analytical and management skills
• Knowledge of various auditing techniques
• Completion of 30 hour OSHA course
• Completion of USACE Construction Quality Management for Contractors
• Healthcare Construction Certificates
• QC/QA experience on Government/Army Corps of Engineers Projects Preferred.
Work Environment Occasional and/or light lifting required--limited exposure to
elements such as heat, cold, noise, dust, dirt, chemicals, etc., but none to the point of being disagreeable. May involve minor safety hazards where likely result would be cuts, bruises, etc.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
J&J Worldwide Services - 19 months ago