Summary / Purpose
Provide systems engineering and architectural guidance to multi-functional project teams to propose, win, and execute programs in the Defense and Aerospace markets. Provide single-point-of-contact to Program Manager for all system architecture-related activities. Provide full accountability for project technical performance measures and technical risks. Technically capable of developing, executing and delivering very highly complex technology projects or executing multiple projects simultaneously. This includes developing complex technical specifications, proposals, risk management plans, and executing multiple global projects and or dedicated to a single customer or product domain. May lead other engineers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Responsible for ensuring all of the projects’ technological requirements and/or objectives are correctly gathered, understood and properly translated for execution.
• Responsible for developing and maintaining a project's Technical Performance Measures.
• Responsible for project risk reviews and appropriate mitigation.
• Responsible for facilitating communication as appropriate to all involved and "manage" the stakeholders. This includes escalate issues to the next level of management.
• Responsible for forecasting engineering budget and HR needs for current and future engineering needs.
• Accountable for overall project technical success - including risk and scope management.
• Accountable for customer satisfaction / relationship both internal and external.
• Ability to form and lead strong multi-functional teams to achieve company and customer objectives.
• Understand and exceed customer needs and expectations.
• Assist with business and/or contract negotiations.
• Advise Senior and Regional PM on overall financial health of all programs being managed.
• Provide support with identifying and preparing new business proposals.
• Know and understand the strategic direction of division.
• Define, develop and implement a strategy, which contributes to technology services strategic directions.
• Develop an understanding of the workcell business strategy as it pertains to technology Services.
• Provide regular updates to Business Unit on the execution of the strategy.
• Ensure all products and services are delivered in accordance with contractual requirements and are on time and within budget.
• Conduct formal design reviews with customers to ensure design(s) meet customer design requirements.
• Recruit, interview and assist in the hiring process of other Systems Engineers.
• Assist in monitoring team member turnover; identify key factors that can be improved; make improvements.
• Assist in identifying individual and team strengths and development needs on an ongoing basis.
• Create and/or validate training curriculum in area of responsibility for lower level systems engineers.
• Coach and mentor lower level systems engineering staff to deliver excellence to every internal and external customer.
• Assist in managing succession plans for the systems engineering function.
• Goal orientation and action-focused, pragmatic and self-disciplined, good at project planning, organizing, communication, team motivation and delegation.
• Solicit ongoing feedback from Business Unit, peers and team member on team member’s contribution to the team.
• Drive individuals and the team to continuously improve in key operational metrics and the achievement of the organizational goals.
• Coordinate activities of large teams and keep them focused in times of crises.
• Ensure recognition and rewards are managed fairly and consistently in area of responsibility.
• Provide weekly communication forum for the exchange of ideas and information for projects including project status, resolving project issues, problems, and changes.
• Organize verbal and written ideas clearly and use an appropriate business style with utilization of presentation or database software.
• Ability to effectively present information to management and/or customer personnel.
• Ability to respond in a timely fashion to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or internal personnel.
• Establish and maintain communications with both customer personnel and senior management or project teams.
• Identify creative ways to reduce cost by streamlining processes and systems (i.e. modification of responsibilities or consolidation of tasks, elimination of non-value-added processes, or complete re-engineering of processes and systems).
• Ensure all sensitive and confidential information is handled appropriately.
• Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor.
• Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
• May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
• Typically reports to Management. Direct supervisor job title(s) typically include: Program Manager
• Job is NOT directly responsible for managing other employees (e.g., hiring/termination and/or pay decisions, performance management).
• Experience in the proposal and execution of programs in the Defense and Aerospace markets.
• Experience with managing the design and qualification of systems in accordance with MIL-STD-810, MIL-STD-461, and MIL-STD-1275.
• Experience with Airworthiness Testing and Flight Qualification of systems is desired.
• Experience with Risk Management techniques.
• Experience with requirements management in DOORS is desired.
• Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
• Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
• Ability to operate a personal computer including using a Windows based operating system and related software.
• Advanced PC skills, including training and knowledge of Jabil’s software packages in an integrated system such as SAP.
• Ability to write simple correspondence. Read and understand visual aid.
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one- or two-step instructions.
• Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
• Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
• Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret graphs.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering required.
• 7 to 10 work years experience in Systems Engineering.
• Or equivalent combination of education, experience, and / or training.
Jabil is an E.O.E
Jabil Circuit - 22 months ago
Jabil Circuit is one of the leading providers of electronics manufacturing services (EMS) in the world. Its largest segment, diversified...