Provides professional skating instruction to all participants.
Must be at least 16 years of age at the time of hire.
Successful completion of a criminal background check.
Must have basic knowledge of United States Figure Skating elements.
- Provides professional skating instruction to individuals and groups, including.
- Instructs and monitors participants in a fun, friendly, personable, and motivating environment.
- Provides excellent customer service to center and program participants.
- Attends regular staff meetings and trainings.
- Supervises the conduct of participants to prevent unsafe conditions and behavior.
- Responds to and report accidents/incidents.
- Monitors area for cleanliness and cleans up as necessary.
- Assists with determining skater levels.
- Prepares class supplies, including equipment, handouts, and classroom set up and breakdown.
- Observes and enforces rules and regulations of the facility
- May select music and choreograph a program for special skating programs.
- May work up to 1,560 hours per calendar year.
- Are not eligible for County benefits except as otherwise provided for by policy.
- Are not considered merit employees; they are "at will" employees who may be terminated for any reason, without notice, and without a pre-termination hearing.