The FMWRC mission is to create and maintain "FIRST CHOICE" MWR products and services for America's Army, essential to a ready, self-reliant force.
Acts as water safety instructor. Works with lifeguards to ensure that swim lessons are safe at all times. Will serve as Lifeguard in some capacity and serve as the swim lesson instructor. Must be able to maintain clean and hazard free area. Will participate in Customer Service and Aquatic training as required.
Work may include irregular duties or when needed for special recreational events and related requirements. Work hours may involve weekends, weekdays, holidays, and night duty.
- Direct Deposit is required
- Social Security card is required
Manages all swimming lessons and instructs when scheduled, at the assigned aquatics facility. Develops swim program according to students' ability and promotes students to higher level of swimming according to their skills, instructs all levels of swimming and appropriate strokes, to include; front crawl, back crawl, elementary backstroke, breaststroke, sidestroke and butterfly. Teach students from age groups to infants through adults. Introduces and instructs safety and survival skills to students, when appropriate to level of instruction.
Work experience related to the duties described above and possession of the following Certificates :
Certificates issued by American Red Cross, Ellis @Associates, Star Guard or other nationally recognized agencies are acceptable.
- Water Safety Instructor Certification
- Cardio-pulmonary resuscitation (CPR)
- First Aid Certification
- Highly desirable possession of a Lifeguard Certification.
Conditions of Employment:
1. You must meet all qualification requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
2. E-Verify: If you are selected for this position, the documentation that you present for purposes of completing the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Form I-9 will be verified through the DHS "E-Verify" system. Federal Law requires DHS to use the E-Verify system to verify the employment eligibility of all new hires, and obligates the new hire to take affirmative steps to resolve any discrepancies identified by the system as a condition of continued employment. The U.S. Department of Army is an E-Verify Participant.
3. All required background check of AR 215-3 must be successfully completed and maintained. Satisfactory completion of a National Agency Check and Inquiries (NACI) that will be initiated prior to appointment to a NAF position.
4. Social Security Card must be presented at time of appointment.
Satisfactory completion of all required background checks in accordance with AR 215-3, 2-13. i. is required.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Your qualifications will be evaluated on the following competencies: Identify technical and behavioral competencies used in assessment (Factors).
Conversion of employment category (from Flex to RPT/RFT) may be accomplished without further competition in accordance with AR 215-3.
THIS IS A FLEX POSITION WITH NO BENEFITS.
To successfully claim veteran's priority consideration, your resume/supplemental data must clearly show your entitlement. Please review the information listed under the Other Requirements link on this announcement or review our on-line Job Application Kit.
The Department of the Army provides reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify the servicing civilian personnel unit. Requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.
Refusal of a military spouse to participate in established recruitment procedures (e.g. interview, KSA's, where required, etc.) is considered a declination of employment and is a basis for termination of SEP entitlement for the current PCS of the sponsor. To claim Military Spouse Preference you must have been married to the sponsor prior to the reporting date on the orders.
The Department of Army Nonappropriated Fund Instrumentalities is an equal opportunity employer.
usajobs.gov - 18 months ago
The Army is a key component of the U.S. Armed Forces, providing expeditionary land forces wherever and whenever they are required. Working...