Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
Education / Experience / Skill Requirements
- Perform maintenance work relating primarily to production equipment, including electrical, plumbing, machine repair, hydraulics, etc. Complete complex equipment component re-builds where applicable. Work requires advanced level of root cause analysis.
- Perform any and all repairs to a variety of production equipment. Requiring the use of programmable logic controllers (PLC) in the troubleshooting process.
- Perform various duties relating to automation and robotics including but not limited to touch up points and stepping through program lines. Some robotics programming may be required.
- Contact and work closely with Engineering and/or outside contractors to resolve complex process or equipment issues in a cost effective and timely manner
- Perform a variety of machine shop fabrication and repairs.
- Install, teardown, and re-locate a variety of equipment.
- Perform skilled duties to support various special projects including process improvements, poke yoke, kaisen, six-sigma, and/or best practices.
- Duties include alter and repair tools, dies, fixtures, jigs, gauges requiring skill and knowledge of tooling practices and applications. Work from drawings and specifications.
- Instruct, train, and communicate requirements for operations, production, safety, and quality.
- It is essential the employee reports to work on time on scheduled workdays and maintains good work attendance.
- It is essential the employee work scheduled mandatory overtime hours
- Job rotation is required, where applicable
- Miscellaneous duties as assigned
- As may be required, forklift driver skill and certification
- Successfully complete all required training classes, either as prerequisite or selection or to ongoing skill building training.
Briggs & Stratton Corporation, headquartered in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, is the world’s largest producer of gasoline engines for outdoor power equipment. Its wholly owned subsidiary Briggs & Stratton Power Products Group LLC is North America’s number one manufacturer of portable generators and pressure washers, and is a leading designer, manufacturer and marketer of lawn and garden and turf care through its Simplicity®, Snapper®, Ferris® and Murray® brands. Briggs & Stratton products are designed, manufactured, marketed and serviced in over 100 countries on six continents.
- There are multiple individual jobs covered by this job description with varying physical requirements. May be required to lift or carry engines, parts, and/or other materials of various sizes and weights. The supervisor will provide the essential physical requirements of each individual job.
- Ability to perform occasional to frequent bending and reaching
- Ability to stand and / or walk constantly over a full work shift
- Ability to work at heights of 15 ft or more
Briggs & Stratton Corporation is committed to a policy of equal opportunity. The Company conducts all employment practices without regard to race, sex, age, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by state or federal law. Briggs & Stratton also undertakes affirmative action to assure equal employment opportunity for minorities and women, for persons with disabilities, and for covered veterans.
Briggs & Stratton is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer.
Briggs & Stratton - 2 years ago
The power of Briggs & Stratton's is in its equipment. The company is one of the world's largest manufacturers of gasoline engi...