PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
Support FMCNA’s mission, vision, core values and customer service philosophy. Adhere to the FMCNA Compliance Program, including following all regulatory and division/company policy requirements.
The Manager, Application Development works as a part of a dynamic, multidisciplinary technology team that creates and supports software using varying technologies in the Healthcare space. Lead a technology team giving technical guidance, technical and professional leadership, develop and manage software development projects. Manage, organize and control the daily operations and activities of applications systems analysis and application developer personnel related to development activities for clinical systems in accordance with information systems goals for Health IT Services Group / Fresenius Medical Care. Manage projects and oversee IT staff and interdepartmental relationships to ensure that predetermined specifications and timelines are met. Provide leadership to continuously improve the product development and application systems by encouraging process improvement, implementation of best practices where appropriate and employee training. Responsible for managing projects of various sizes and complexity. Responsible for the support and quality assurance of assigned application portfolio. Makes decisions on personnel actions (hiring, terminations, promotions, etc.) and supports department budget goals and objectives.
DUTIES / ACTIVITIES/ CUSTOMER SERVICE:
- Responsible for driving the FMCNA culture through values and customer service standards.
- Accountable for outstanding customer service to all external and internal customers.
- Develops and maintains effective relationships through effective and timely communication.
- Takes initiative and action to respond, resolve and follow up regarding customer service issues with all customers in a timely manner.
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Manage the development of software using various technologies to meet business requirements.
- Manage all activities relating to the development, implementation, and escalated support of systems and projects and provides a single point of contact on those projects taking the project from original concept through final implementation.
- Create and manage software development project plans including strategic planning, milestones, and roadmaps.
- Monitor changes in business priorities and resolves conflicting demands of users and direct.s work assignments of database/programming/systems analysis staff. Conduct.s project meetings and is responsible for project plans, tracking and progress reporting.
- Responsible for feasibility studies, time and cost estimates, and the establishments and implementation of new or revised applications systems and programs.
- Provide technical guidance to technical team on all aspects of the software development life cycle.
- Work collaboratively with business owners/stakeholders.
- Maintain a successful relationship with other technical/development teams to coordinate the development, delivery, and ongoing support for software solutions.
- Develop and maintain effective leadership skills in technical team leads.
Perform technical risk assessment analysis.
- Manage on-going development and support issue tracking and resolution.
Perform postmortem to wrap up projects and take away lessons learned for continual improvement.
- Supervise projects to ensure adherence to standards for system specifications, project plans, programming methodologies, system testing and documentation. Reviews project deliverables.
- Consult with and integrate system development and implementation plans with other internal IT technical support staff as well as Corporate ITG.
Direct the selection, review, cost justification, design and implementation of new systems and system modifications.
- Provide overall direction and guidance to assigned project managers and staff in the design, development, maintenance, and enhancements of business applications and related technologies.
- Develop long range plans to provide adequate use of current technology in support of business.
- Prepare management activity and progress reports on all systems analysis and programming activities.
- Provide direct formal supervision to department staff establishing mutual goals and expectations at the beginning of the appraisal year, providing continual informal performance feedback during the year as well as being responsible for the formal annual performance appraisal process for the employees. Responsible for functions related to recruiting, hiring, firing, and disciplinary action for the department staff.
- Evaluate hardware and software requirements for applications under development as well as for growth requirements of existing systems.
- Enforce Service Level Agreements and service escalation process.
- Maintain current knowledge of application development tools and techniques and control and reporting mechanisms.
- Other duties as assigned.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS :
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Meet the physical demands of working in an office environment such as standing, bending and lifting up to 25 pounds.
- Use of computer hardware, including keyboard data entry and other office equipment.
- Extended amounts of time sitting.
- Visual acuity to perform job requirements.
- Ability to maintain mental focus on complex logic.
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Business Administration or specific applicable experience in the field of clinical systems or equivalent work experience. Master’s Degree desirable.
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS :
- 10+ years of IT experience including application development in relevant tools (i.e., SQL, Web-based development technologies).
- 6+ years experience in a key leadership role within a software development environment.
- Proven applications and technical knowledge of a large-scale enterprise systems.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills required.
- Strong organization, project management, and process analysis skills essential.
- Ability to negotiate vendor product features, functions, and schedules, on behalf of the company.
- Must be able to read and comprehend complex technical documents.
- Must be able to work extended hours as needed and limited overnight travel will be required as needed.
Fresenius Medical Care - 12 months ago
Fresenius Medical Care North America (FMCNA) operates a network of more than 1,800 dialysis clinics located throughout the US. One of the...