The role of the SAMG Solution Architect involves a mixture of various skills, from solutions design and delivery, to trusted client advisor. The Architect will have 4 - 6 years demonstrated experience implementing technical consulting engagements including strategy development, solution design, IT, security, business process assessments and organizational design.
Optimal candidate will have thorough understanding on how to architect and implement our SAMG products, which include: Veritas Storage Foundation, Veritas CommandCentral, Veritas Cluster Server and ApplicationHA, across all major UNIX, Linux, and Windows operating systems.
This position completes the technical aspects of a proposed business solution within the client’s environment and often works with a Project Manager on for-fee product implementation, enhancement, and integration projects. An Architect delivers solutions based consulting offerings; consequently, expertise and work efforts will focus around the implementation and operational integration of products and services to ensure that customers address both business and technical requirements. The Architect will work with an extended on-site and off-site team to develop and maintain the SAMG infrastructure for enterprise and large enterprise environments.
The successful candidate will join the Symantec Enterprise Services Group and will contribute to program accomplishment by successfully executing the following project and program requirements.
• Proficient on the architecture, design and deployment of SAMG Solutions
• Leads assessment, design and technical implementation activities on the SAMG platforms
o Documents solution requirements given business and technical objectives
o Designs pilot and production architecture given success criteria
o Executes pilot against success criteria/test plan
o Completes production deployment
• Leads root cause analysis and troubleshooting effort for production deployment
• Functions as a liaison between the client and Symantec Development and Support groups
o Reports issues, anomalies and problems through proper channels (i.e., account management, technical support)
o Provides incident status reports as required
• Documents all recommendations to management so they can be routed to the responsible department
• Achieves Key Performance Indicators
• Perform other duties relevant to systems management as assigned
• Optimal candidate will have thorough understanding on how to architect and implement our SAMG products, which include: Veritas Storage Foundation, Veritas CommandCentral, Veritas Cluster Server and ApplicationHA, across all major UNIX, Linux, and Windows operating systems.
• Knowledgeable in business methodologies
• 5+ years’ experience in systems administration in Unix or Windows environments
• 5+ years’ experience in systems administration of network operating systems
• Flexible technical skills and the aptitude to learn new technologies quickly
• Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills
• Strong organizational, leadership, project management and time management skills
• Possesses excellent discretion, judgment and work ethic
• Experience with Systems Management Tools
• Creative problem solving skills when dealing with projects
• Must have a broad understanding of network architecture and segmentation principles
• Bachelor degree in computer science, information systems, or related area or demonstration of equivalent knowledge
Symantec - 18 months ago
Symantec's future seems to be secure. The company provides security, storage, and systems management software for businesses and...