ACF Industries, a manufacturer and lessor of rail freight cars, has immediate openings at their Headquarters office located in quiet historic St LEAN MANUFACTURING ENGINEER
American Railcar Industries, Inc., a manufacturer and service provider of railroad freight cars, has an immediate opportunity at our Headquarter O ffice in historic St. Charles, MO for a Lean Manufacturing Engineer . The product engineering group is responsible for coordinating the design and manufacturing of freight cars and parts from start to finish. The overall responsibilities of this position are to assist the Manager of Lean Manufacturing in training, implementation of lean principals at the corporate office and at each manufacturing facility, assist with perf ormance measurement, and kaizen event facilitation.
Primary r esponsibilities include:
Job Requirements:Education and Experience:
- Conduct lean manufacturing training for office and plant personnel.
- Prepare performance measurements of existing processes before and after process improvements (kaizen events).
- Assist manufacturing facilities in maintaining their performance metrics.
- Conduct shop floor audits to verify that improvements are sustained.
- Create training material as required.
- Assist with “Kaizen” events.
- Identify opportunities for waste reduction in business and manufacturing processes while working closely with manufacturing personnel using lean manufacturing and quality principles (Six Sigma training, a plus) to reduce waste, increase product quality and/or increase labor efficiency.
Work Environment & Physical Demands
- B achelor’s d egree in Engineering.
- At least 5 years of relevant experience in Engineering .
- General awareness hazardous materials training.
- General knowledge of fabrication equipment process capabilities. Processes include drilling, boring, turning, milling, sawing, shearing, press braking, plasma cutting, stamping, etc.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
ARI offers a competitive compensation package with full benefit s including a 401K plan and Educational A ssistance. *Interested and qualified parties should send their resume to HR@americanrailcar.com .
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER