The successful candidate will be responsible for the academic quality, operational effectiveness, human resources development, and growth of a campus. The Campus President is also accountable for quality professional education for student and graduate success by leading the overall administrative and educational functions of the campus. Assure the EDMC and/or affiliated school philosophy; quality services to clients; development, growth, involvement and recognition of employees; sound economic principles and an environment which is conducive to innovation, positive thinking and expansion - is considered in carrying out the duties and responsibilities of this position.
Key Job Elements
- Core duties and responsibilities - those duties that apply across all education systems.
- Participates in the development of and execution on the vision and strategic direction for the institution (in concert with EDMC executive management guidelines) required to ensure academic excellence while maximizing the return on invested capital.
- Manages the key metrics of the institution. Key metrics include new student enrollment, persistence (retention), average quarterly starting student body, revenue, operating income, operating margin, new programs, program rollout, graduate employment rate, graduate starting salaries, and student, graduate and employer satisfaction.
- Provides leadership for the development and implementation of new academic programs and delivery models as well as continued improvement of current offerings. Assures compliance with federal, state and accrediting body standards and regulations, as well as adhering to the Company's policies and procedures.
- Ensures strong human resources management through hiring, developing, leading and evaluating an effective management team, staff, and faculty. Manages campus succession plan and professional development program.
- Maintains a desirable, attractive and safe campus environment. Ensures facilities are well maintained and provides input to specification of lease requirements. Assesses campus resources needs and ensures that the resources are planned for, acquired and properly implemented; provides input on utilization of resources.
- Develops and maintains effective internal and external relationships and alliances, including positive relationships with students, alumni, faculty, staff, the educational community, the local community of the campus, and business leaders.
- Location-specific duties and responsibilities - those duties that apply to a specific location and/or education system.
- Assures that the EDMC/BMC philosophy: quality services to clients; development, growth, involvement, and recognition of employees; sound economic principles; and an environment which is conducive to innovation, positive thinking and expansion is considered in the formulation of policies and that decision-making is communicated and subscribed to by staff members in their work with internal and external personnel.
Group Vice President, EDMC
Campus Executive Committee, others as appropriate
Various levels of staff
- Bachelor's degree required. Master's degree preferred.
- Minimum of five years of progressively responsible experience in career education.
- Some experience in business, preferably with prior P&L responsibility.
- Strong computer skills (MS Office). Experience with computerized administrative systems.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and build a team.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret accreditation criteria, state agency regulations, academic journals, business reports, and legal documents.
- Ability to resolve inquiries and complaints from employees, customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- Ability to effectively present information to faculty, academic and campus leaders, corporate leaders, public groups, and boards of directors or trustees as applicable.
- The individual must be able to travel out of the local area to visit campuses and the corporate office and to participate in a variety of conferences and meetings.
Work Environment & Notice
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The term "qualified individual with a disability" means an individual with a disability who, with or without reasonable accommodation, can perform the essential functions of the position. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate professionally in person, over the telephone, through email and other electronic means, move about the office or school, handle various types of media and equipment, and visually or otherwise identify, observe and assess. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 10 pounds unless otherwise specified in the job description.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative and level of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Education Management Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer and embraces diversity as a critical step in ensuring employee, student and graduate success. We are committed to building and developing a diverse environment where a variety of ideas, cultures and perspectives can thrive.
Education Management Corporation - 2 years ago
Education Management Corporation is among the largest providers of private post-secondary education in North America, based on student...