As a Senior Business Intelligence Developer/Analyst, s/he will act as a liaison between multiple business areas and technical communities for reporting and analytic development purposes. The Senior BID/BIA will design and develop Business Intelligence content (reports, dashboards, scorecards, analytic solutions) by identifying reporting/analytic requirements and determining business rules through a structured elicitation process.
The BIA/BID will ensure that information and BI content satisfies Enterprise business needs and the needs of individual departments.
- Responsible for providing overall day-to-day Business Intelligence analyst expertise in order to support junior level analysts in their work efforts. Leads the effort in selecting the proper tools needed to efficiently perform tasks.
- Elicit business reporting requirements from the business groups through formal interviews or facilitated sessions. Review business requirements provided by the Business Analyst.
- Develop BI content (reports, dashboards, scorecards, analytic solutions) through the entire development life-cycle.
- Assist in BI tool evaluation including the development of proof-of-concept and pilot solutions
- Coordinate user acceptance testing with the business community to ensure accurate delivery of data from the business requirements with the goal of receiving sign off.
- Develop knowledge of business area processes and information needs and apply that knowledge in developing BI content for other users.
- Guide business areas in identifying new data needs and delivery mechanisms for reporting and analytic information. This can be achieved through one-on-one meetings or group sessions
- Guide business area power users in developing self-service solutions for their departments
- Provide expertise to business areas in understanding enterprise data content, definitions and usage and the available BI tools.
- Work with business areas to adapt their business processes to effectively use enterprise data sources for information and analytical needs. Advise business areas on a structured approach to developing reports and analysis using enterprise data sources and BI tools.
- Identify opportunities to improve efficiency of Business Intelligence developer/analyst tasks to facilitate completion of projects within the allocated time and budget.
- Assist the Project Manager in developing the project schedule as it relates to Business Intelligence Developer/Analyst activities, dependencies and timelines to facilitate accurate project schedules.
- Participate in project risk assessment to identify potential obstacles ahead of time. Requirements • Bachelors Degree with 7 years of proven Business Intelligence development skills
- If no degree, 9 years of proven Business Intelligence development skills Additional Critical Skills & Knowledge Needed for Job • Over five years of proven business analysis experience for large scale projects
- Healthcare industry experience preferred
- Experience with SAP Business Objects Xi suite of tools (Webi, Deski, Crystal, Xcelsius), or other enterprise class BI tools (e.g., Cognos, Microstrategy, Microsoft BI, SAS BI & analytics)
- Experience with data warehouse development on one or more of the following platforms: Teradata, Roale, MS SQL Server
- Experience with ETL tools such as Ab Initio, Informatica, IBM DataStage
- Experience with the development of logical and physical data models
- Understanding of project management practices
- Proven capability in problem solving, data analysis and creative solutions to technical and business information problems
- Facilitation and presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to effectively adapt to and apply rapidly changing technology to business needs
- Ability to translate business reporting requirements into an effective and usable reporting application
- Strong people skills and the ability to be resourceful , as well as to make concise, independent decisions
- Strong organizational skills which allow progress on concurrent tasks from separate projects
- Able to work effectively on a project team, and be highly accountable for results
- Ability to establish and maintain a high level of user trust and confidence in the team’s concern for the users
- Ability to determine current state of business requirements, business terms, business rules and data sources
- Ability to facilitate interviews
Blue Cross Blue Shield of North Carolina - 11 months ago