The Senior Application Architect is responsible for ensuring and maintaining the conceptual integrity of software systems developed by the corporation. The Senior Application Architect is the domain expert for the system as a whole and works with all team members in the analysis, design and development of software-based systems and redesign of existing systems to fulfill the needs of internal business customers.
- Identify the appropriate software architecture based on the requirements and design elements contained in a system specification.
- Record software architecture in a software architecture document using use cases and the modeling tools and approaches.
- Maintain and evolve software architecture documents based on evolving system requirements and industry trends and technologies.
- Analyze risk and report problems in meeting system requirements.
- Provide supporting information to the Engineers to aid in the creation of a system specification.
- Assist Software Designer/Implementers with the creation of detailed software design specifications.
- Lead the review process for software architecture documents.
- Perform software version control and maintain periodic compilation schedule.
- Participate in the system specification review process to ensure system requirements can be translated into valid software architecture
- Comply with all applicable product development processes. Perform detailed software design as well as implements and/or maintains code according to duties and responsibilities
- Ensure the overall integrity of the software architecture and validates it against the system specification
- Integrate internal and external product design into a cohesive user experience
- Participate in software/infrastructure selection and evaluation
- Drive definition of non-functional requirements and evaluate against delivery
- Provide technical leadership, thought leadership, coaching and mentoring across technical delivery teams and particularly within the Solutions Analysis and Design team
- Contribute to development process definition, practices, standards and tool adoption
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in computer science or related field
- At least 6 years' experience in large designs and enterprise systems
- At least 8 years programming experience
- At least 3 years of modeling and design experience
- At least 3 years of experience with software source control and version control
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Mastery of user interaction design skills
- Must be organized, have an eye for detail, and be able to put ideas into a tangible form
- Ability to prioritize and manage work to critical project timelines in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to develop new approaches to complex design problems
The Western Union Company (NYSE: WU) is a leader in global payment services. Together with its Vigo, Orlandi Valuta, Pago Facil and Custom House branded payment services, Western Union provides consumers and businesses with fast, reliable and convenient ways to send and receive money around the world, as well as send payments and purchase money orders. The Western Union, Vigo and Orlandi Valuta branded services are offered through a combined network of approximately 430,000 agent locations in 200 countries and territories. In 2009, The Western Union Company completed 196 million consumer-to-consumer transactions worldwide, moving $71 billion of principal between consumers, and 415 million business payments. For more information, visit http://www.westernunion.com.