Citrix is the cloud company that enables mobile workstyles— powerful, new ways to connect with people and information on-demand from anywhere. As the workplace and workforce continues to rapidly evolve, our aspiration is to create a seamless continuum between work and life, so people are free to work whenever, wherever and however they choose.
Citrix is uniquely positioned to power mobile workstyles through a complete portfolio of market-leading solutions that allow customers to build, deploy, manage and use next gen cloud technologies that enable IT as a service. New cloud services create new forms of social collaboration to connect people; deliver any app to any type of device over any network; enable on-demand, self-service delivery of all IT resources—from desktops to customer support and training.
This role, as part of the Engineering Infrastructure team, enables R&D to be effective and productive; by dealing with the challenges set by the highly skilled engineering teams within Citrix.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Implement, maintain, and lead improvement projects on Windows and Linux infrastructure
- Work with the Engineering Infrastructure Manager in shaping the budget for upgrading, extending and replacing local engineering infrastructure and IT systems. Also assisting the engineering teams with purchasing of hardware and software.
- Work with the Engineering Infrastructure Manager planning upgrades, implementing configuration changes, extending and replacing engineering IT systems
- Work with corporate IT, and Engineering Lab Technicians, to manage the local area network
- Assist corporate IT in the resolution of local infrastructure issues
- Support users
- Implement, maintain, upgrade, extend, monitor and manage local engineering IT services including (not limited to) infrastructure, file, application, and backup servers
- Keep critical local engineering IT systems available to an agreed schedule, may involve limited weekend or out of hours work
- Deploy and maintain lab equipment
- Implement and administer lab management facilities including remote access and power control
- Maintain, upgrade, extend, monitor and manage Internet facing services and infrastructure
- Coordinate the use of shared resources including lab space and power
- Coordinate loaned sample equipment from hardware partner companies
- Linux system administration including NIS, DNS, DHCP, PXE, Apache, CUPS, SSH and Exim
- Experience with several Linux distros (Debian, Ubuntu, CentOS, RedHat, etc) and Windows
- Ability to write shell scripts
- Knowledge of Ethernet local area networking including VLANs
- Knowledge of IP routing
- Desire to improving existing, and designing new, tools to improve our ever growing engineering environment.
Working with Citrix puts you in the forefront of technology. Engage and discover the possibilities when you take your career to the unequivocal leader of service and application delivery. Every day, our teams are developing solutions that are deployed in thousands of networks around the globe to optimize, secure and control the delivery of all enterprise and cloud services. Elevate to the world's most advanced cloud network platform by applying online for the System Admin position.
- Experience of using Network filers (NetApp, Equallogic; iSCSI and NFS)
- Experience of using backup tools such as NetBackup
- Experience of running a engineering/test lab
- Experience of the use and administration of remote access tools such as IPKVMs, serial console servers and power control devices
- Knowledge of server virtualisation
- Windows system administration including Active Directory
- Network analysis tools (wireshark, tcpdump, nmap, etc)
- Experience with Cisco and Dell switches
- Experience with upgrading server hardware (memory, NICs, HDs)
- Python/PHP/SQL development/administration
Citrix Systems - 15 months ago
Citrix Systems takes connectivity to the next level. The company makes network access devices and software designed to enable PCs, IP...