Title: VP, Account (VP, International Channel Management)
Location: Ohio-Dublin-Cardinal Place West
Job Number: 13001330JOB TITLE: Vice President, Account - (Vice President, International Channel Management)
At Cardinal Health, we''re developing the innovative products and services that make healthcare safer and more productive. Join a growing, global company genuinely committed to making a difference for our customers and communities.
Function: Direct Sales
Family: Account Management
What Account Management contributes to Cardinal Health
Account Management is responsible for managing the success of the relationship with an assigned set of customers in order to achieve the goals and objectives identified by the customer and Cardinal Health. Responsible for long-term relationship building between the customer, Cardinal Health, and other professional organizations (Group Purchasing Organizations, etc). The complexity of the solution, product, or services offered is variable and can range from simple to moderately complex selling.
What is expected of you and others at this level in Direct Sales for functional success
Accountabilities in this role
- Applies knowledge of the customer''s business to develop optimal solutions
- Proactively and with a regular cadence demonstrates to the customer the defined value of partnering with Cardinal Health both pre- and post-sales
- Effectively negotiates and collaborates with the customer and colleagues to influence support for mutually beneficial outcomes and achieve consensus
- Builds and sustains relationships founded on trust with internal and external customers and ensures customer satisfaction and loyalty
- Identifies and qualifies new sales opportunities and develops plans for introducing new solutions through collaborative relationships
Our organization is currently searching for a Vice President, International Channel Management. This role will report to the Senior Vice President of Medical Device Sales and is responsible for leading the international channel strategy and tactics in support of the Medical Segment strategy which includes identifying, establishing and managing relationships with key distributors to insure that strategic and operating objectives are met. This position will also act as a key liaison between the Medical Device & Diagnostics team, manufacturing, and global sourcing teams and international distributors' sales, marketing and operations teams. The VP, International Channel Management is responsible for communicating, coordinating and collaborating with many levels and functions which includes working with marketing, sales, legal, global trade and senior management.
This role will primarily focus on locations in Europe, Japan, South Korea, Taiwan, Australia, New Zealand and Latin and South America. The secondary focus is the International Emerging Markets (IEM") segment. These relationships are long-term and built over time between the distributor, the customers they serve and other relationships impacting outcomes, such as trade associations and other constituents, such as Governments and Group Purchasing Organizations.
Ultimately, this role will could lead a team of country managers dispersed throughout the international territories.
This position has impact and influence on:
Allocation of responsibilities includes: Time
- The international strategy of the Medical Segment
- Marketing strategy and commercialization of new products
- Sales, gross profit and operating earnings growth
- Effectively manage distributor in Europe and JANZ 30%
- Develop and implement Asia strategy (e.g., excluding China) 30%
- Support strategic marketing efforts of Medical Devices and Diagnostics 20%
- Manage LATAM Market business to include strategy development 20%
- Bachelor's degree required, graduate degree preferred
- Minimum of 10 years relevant experience required
- Previous experience in building a medical device international distribution model in the desired markets with relevant contacts highly desired
- Fluency in second language other than English expected.
- Experience managing and leading direct reports in remote locations.
- Strong negotiation skills, incorporating various strategies and desired outcomes
- Thought leader, as well as a mentor to others
- Strategic thinker, develop short and long-term goals that are specific to each territory
- Knowledgeable, understands resources and business capabilities
- Solid communication skills with the ability to influence all customers (both internal and external) on issues that impact the business and its channel management strategies
- Self starter, must be able to determine, independently, the solutions that will insure business objectives are achieved within acceptable tolerances
- Matrix management skills, work with cross-functional teams; lead projects across functions, customers and multiple areas to benefit the company; build relationships and achieve results
- Must be willing to up to 50% of the time with international travel.
Headquartered in Dublin, Ohio, Cardinal Health, Inc. (NYSE: CAH) is a $103 billion health care services company that improves the...