Performs semi-routine and/or moderately complex chemical and physical analysis on a variety of materials for the support of production activities.
- Operates a variety of complex analytical instrumentation, within predefined Standard Operating Procedures.
- Operates high pressure mechanical equipment that will require operating valves and injecting chemicals into a polymerization reactor.
- Operates a forklift for moving various containers from the lab to the plant for either disposal or refilling of raw materials for lab operation.
- Performs necessary mathematical calculations and interprets data for Certificate of Analysis submittal.
- Provides input in developing improvements to existing procedures and techniques.
- Compiles, evaluates and submits results of tests into Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS) and SAP.
- Responsible for accurate equipment operation and maintenance of equipment.
- Works on a 12 hr day/night rotating Dupont Schedule.
- Responsible for supporting and contributing towards site Safety programs, Zero Incident Mindset (ZIM) and RCMS.
Has daily contact with all levels of laboratory and Plant Operation personnel to share information from analysis of tests. Limited contact with instrument manufacturers for the purpose of operation and maintenance of analytical testing equipment.
Performs routine and semi routine chemical and physical testing of raw material, in process and finished products. Must be sufficiently experienced to perform tests on all shifts without direct supervision. Assists QC Manager in the training of new technicians within the QC lab. Lab Technician will maintain SQC charts for instruments in the QC lab. Lab Technician will routinely review procedures and submit corrections to the QC manager for updating. Some independent judgment is required when performing analysis.
Selected candidate will be working a 12-hour rotating shift schedule. Must be available for ANY shift. Looking for technicians who have QA/QC experience. Must have a mechanical apititude commensurate with lab experience as they will be working with high pressure chemical reactors.
Crossfire - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard