Riverbed Cascade combines visibility into end-to-end application delivery dependencies and Network Behavior Analysis (NBA) to address these management gaps. Riverbed's management solution spans network, security, and data center operations groups to provide application performance management, improved threat and compliance management, and CMDB discovery.|
Cascade collects millions of network flows every minute, saving the data in a highly-optimized proprietary database and performs real-time analysis. Cascade detects network operation issues and security anomalies in real-time, alerting network administrators before customers call in for help. Cascade is a go-to network visibility tool for network managers and directors in Fortune 500 companies around the World.
Automation Framework and Tools Engineer
• Want and expect to be measured and rewarded based on results and productivity
• Lead the continued development and expansion of the CLI and Web UI Automation Frameworks developed and used by the Cascade QA Team
• Design and develop tools that quickly and easily emulate network scenarios and anomalies
• Design and develop automated suites that assess the performance capabilities and limitations of the Cascade Profiler family of products
• View automation as a means to get things done quickly, not as the primary end itself.
• Implement automated test suites from existing test plans
• Design, execute, and automate new feature test plans to ensure that Riverbed’s products meet and exceed industry standards in quality.
• Apply understanding of networks and network protocols, along with programming skills to analyze TCP/IP network traces to find implementation, compliance, and performance problems with the Riverbed appliance.
• Bachelor’s degree in CS/CE/EE/Math/Physics or related fields and five years QA experience
• Fluency and Object Oriented Perl and/or Python
• Designed and developed automation frameworks using one of the following: perl, python, tcl
• Strong ability to quickly understand, expand, and integrate existing automation frameworks written in Perl and Python
• Strong ability to assess cost / benefit ratio when choosing candidates for automation
• Strong ability to quickly identify and focus on the critical aspects of a task and deliver results
• Strong experience with QA Engineering methodologies.
• Strong experience with Unix/Linux
• Great logical debugging ability.
• Have excellent verbal and written communication and documentation skills.
• Can approach complex problem-solving and troubleshooting tasks with creativity.
• Strong aptitude for learning new technologies and methodologies.
• Solid attention to detail.
• Can work on your own but know when to ask for help.
• In depth experience automating Web 2.0 UIs with Selenium
• In depth experience integrating IP packet generators, netflow geneators, and commonly available networking tools to emulate enterprise networks
• In depth experience with Linux based appliances
• Strong approach to validating report data generated by analyzing extremely large data sets
We feature an attractive compensation package including salary, stock options, employee stock purchase program, 401(k) matching, and comprehensive benefits. We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer, M/F/D/V.
Riverbed Technology, Inc. - 2 years ago