Senior Performance Engineer
Job Description: Develops software as the primary job function; Designs, develops, debugs & tests complex software in any field e.g., systems software, software development tools, applications, drivers, numerical methods, UI's, web. May work directly with companies developing and optimizing compilers, operating systems, and other software technologies. Usually holds an academic degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Computational Science.
The SSG/SSD System Optimization Technology Center has an opening for a Senior Performance Engineer to work on optimization of software for Atom and Core based devices. We are looking for software engineers who will take existing large software applications and do performance analysis. This includes creating and running workloads, identifying performance hotspots, and doing proof of concept optimizations that will eventually be integrated into the main code base. In this position, you will be analyzing the software stack on Intel Architecture (IA), and analyzing and implementing opportunities for performance tuning, optimization and differentiation. You will be expected to work closely with both internal and external partners.
Additional responsibilities will include:
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical reasoning skills
- Ability to apply your knowledge and skills to real world settings, hands-on experience
- Good analytical and complex problem solving skills
- Work well as a part of a global team
You must possess the minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Experience would be obtained through your educational level research and/or relevant job experiences.
- Minimum of a Bachelors of Science degree in Computer Science/EE or related field with 5+ years experience or MS with 3+ years
- Strong experience C++ in software development.
- 5 years software development or performance analysis skills on the Windows operating systems environment including good debugging skills.
- Software performance skills (performance profiling) is a huge plus.
- Special consideration will be made to candidates with experience in analysis and optimization of the software effects on CPU and system power.
Apr 13, 2013
Apr 13, 2014
The Intel Software and Services Group (SSG) connects Intel to the worldwide software community. SSG strives to bring competitive advantage to Intel platforms by helping independent software vendors, operating system developers, OEMs, channel members and systems integrators deliver exceptional customer value and achieve differentiation on Intel® processor technologies. SSG provides global leadership to the software community through its technical expertise, industry enabling activities, and developer products and programs.
We will accept applications/resumes until 60 days after posting date or earlier at Intel's discretion
Intel - 18 months ago
There's more inside Intel than you ever imagined.
We're not just about work, we're also about fun! Join us, have fun...