Job Number 1551952
GE is an equal opportunity employer, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation.The Critical Process Leader (CPL) for Plastic Thermoforming will lead and support Thermoforming Technologies and Manufacturing activities related to the implementation of best in class thermoforming manufacturing processes, tooling, materials and equipment in support of current products and New Product Introductions (NPI). The CPL will use Lean methods to lead all development activities implemented across GE Appliance manufacturing facilities. Internal title:Critical Process Leader-Thermoforming Essential Responsibilities *Liaise with Advanced Development Manufacturing team and Suppliers to perform comprehensive successful executions of manufacturing technologies and product materials in production within GE Appliances manufacturing. The CPL will provide leadership in the detailed planning and implementation of right-sized manufacturing equipment and processes for thermoforming equipment and product tooling requirements as it relates to refrigerators.
Appliance, appliances, washer, dryer, consumer appliances, refrigeration, dishwasher, air conditioner, consumer products, oven, medical device, Tier 1 automotive, automotive manufacturing, furniture, consumer electronics, plastic extrusion, plastic injection molding, plastic thermoforming, automotive components, green belt, black belt, polyurethane injection molding, foam.
- Provide technical leadership and expertise as the internal process expert with new and existing thermoforming manufacturing equipment and processing activities. Participate in the internal and final sign-off and acceptance of initial thermoforming process operations/technical plans, preliminary and final equipment design, and on-going process improvements.
- Develop peer, cross-functional and cross-GE Business relationships to maximize best practice sharing and team effectiveness. Drive structured best practice sharing and rollout to Advanced Manufacturing Engineers/plant process owners within the process discipline.
- Own and control all technical documents related to Thermoforming Technologies and activities. Perform technical audits of special process materials, equipment, personnel and procedures to ensure conformance to control requirements.
- Own and champion standardized approaches for similar technologies/processes at multiple sites.
- Develop network of process experts both internal and external. Establish local Plant Process Experts who will support day-to-day thermoforming operations. Provide technical guidance and support. Coordinate on-going development of local plant experts to enhance their technical expertise.
- Develop growth path and curriculum to recruit, develop, and mentor current/future Advanced Manufacturing Engineers/plant process owners.
- Lead activities with all suppliers, relative to GE Legal requirements and to protect Intellectual Property as required for innovations. Qualifications/Requirements *Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Polymer Science, Material Science or related degree.
- 15 yrs. minimum relevant experience in Thermoforming Processing and Tooling.
- Minimum 10 years hands on experience in build, launch, and development of thermoforming manufacturing equipment, processes and inspection techniques/equipment.
- Design and Quality Systems training.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills in training, mentoring and facilitation.
- Demonstrated application of statistical process control.
- Demonstrated project management skills.
- Demonstrated presentation/leadership skills
- Significant experience in manufacturing plant environment.
- Computer literate and skilled in Excel, Word and Auto Cad.
- Willing and able to travel as needed. Additional Eligibility Qualifications GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen. Desired Characteristics *Significant experience in implementing Lean process improvements in manufacturing operations.
- PhD or Master’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Polymer Science, or Material Science with Plastic Thermoforming Engineering emphasis.
- Six Sigma Black Belt Certified Click to watch a short video on GE's Lean Journey
- Highly preferred candidates have advanced Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Polymer Science, or Material Science degree and have submitted new thermoforming processes or manufacturing equipment for patent
- Demonstrated history of IP (intellectual property) activities in new process development
- Experience in implementing newly engineered Thermoforming machines, tooling, materials and manufacturing process into existing high volume manufacturing operations.
GE Careers - 11 months ago