We are the 2nd largest leader for-profit early childare headquartered in Novi, MI. We are looking to fill an immediate opening for temporary employment as a Benefits Specialist. You will act as an advocate for the employees, provide excellent customer service and educate employees on the company benefit plans. This position will support all employees in regards to multiple benefits issue, balance the needs of multiple stakeholders and effectively communicate with employees, vendors, and all levels of management .
- Answer phones and troubleshoot employee benefit issues, providing excellent customer service.
- Counsel and educate employees regarding Benefit Plans, claims, qualifying events, vacation/sick, childcare discount, appeals, qualifying events, 401(k), COBRA, etc.
- Research employee claims issues with vendor contacts.
- Enroll new hires into Benefit Plans.
- Conduct benefits orientation/education/training.
- Compile data and provide reports internally and externally (vendors) according to schedule..
- Monitor and scrub data in PeopleSoft HRIS as needed.
- View, edit, and resolve error reports in PeopleSoft HRIS.
- Manually close Open Events in PeopleSoft HRIS.
- Ensures compliance with all governmental regulations.
- Responsible for weekly and monthly deadlines.
- Conducts research and analysis when appropriate.
- Assist with the planning and administration of open enrollment activities.
- Monitor sick/vacation plans in PeopleSoft HRIS and provide reports.
- Conduct employee training webinars internally.
- Interact with 401(k) vendors and assist employees with enrollment.
Job Requirements :
- Associate’s degree in a related field, or equivalent experience.
- Must have at least three years of Benefits administration and customer service experience.
- Strong HRIS skills – PeopleSoft preferred.
- Knowledge of Federal, State and local laws and regulations pertaining to benefit plans.
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills and ability to interact with multiple stakeholders, to include employees, vendors, levels of management and others.
- Strong skills in troubleshooting, problem solving, relationship-building and customer service.
- Must be able to plan and organize.
- Must be team player.
La Petite Academy Inc. is one of the nation's largest privately held early care and education companies with more than 600 locations in 36...