Senior User Experience Designer
Job ID : 2013-15104
# of Positions: 1
Posted Date: 1/23/2013
Job Location: US-MN-Minneapolis
Position Type: Regular Full Time
Category: Information Technology
Come join Pearson Credential Management (PCM), the market leader in on-demand credential and license management services. Pearson Credential Management products offer comprehensive solutions to organizations administering credentials, individuals holding or pursuing credentials, and employers seeking to hire those individuals. Whatever the task – from managing programs, to tracking candidate progress, to verifying credentials for employment, to earning a license to practice a trade or profession – the Pearson Credential Management solutions deliver timely results, increased efficiency and reduced costs through automation and 24x7 self-sufficiency.
Pearson Credential Management is key product line of Pearson VUE, an independent business of Pearson Education, a Global, multi-billion dollar Digital Learning Company. For more information please visit http://www.pearsonvue.com/
Pearson is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and a member of E-Verify. All qualified applicants, including minorities, women, veterans, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
The Senior UX Designer is a key member of the software development life-cycle team that works closely with internal and external clients, program and product managers, and software development teams who displays a passion for usability, product design and customer experience.
As an integral part of the SDLC team the Senior UX Designer is responsible for contributing to usability strategy within our product development roadmap. This strategy is comprised of delivering the vision, experience, and standards for information architecture and user experience. The Sr. UXD fulfills key business objectives by designing and creating effective and efficient digital user experiences through wireframes, interaction models and UI specifications. The Sr. UXD will partner with cross-functional agile software teams to establish and deliver on customer requirements as they pertain to the creation of new or existing product digital experiences. Working closely with the product team the Sr. UXD defines and ensures UX strategy and design guidelines are incorporated into requirements that specify in detail how products are expected to operate and behave in order to achieve the expected user experience. This entails driving necessary processes to gather information necessary to prioritize and author new requirements, associated use cases, functional requirements, and non-functional requirements. This extends to ensuring plans incorporate testing and validation of the documented experiences.
The Senior UX Designer work is non-routine and highly customer-focused. The Senior UX Designer will craft common-reusable user interfaces and frameworks, generate wireframes and in-turn create working GUI prototypes, specify user layouts and debug existing UI issues as needed. The Senior UX Designer will participate within the agile teams on various projects. The Senior UX Designer is a self-directed, creative individual able to effectively articulate and present innovation user experience solutions with solid leadership skills.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Champion UX/UI design standards.
Defines and executes user experience strategy including navigation, functionality, data organization and user flow.
Engineer user workflows and information architecture for projects.
Ensure quality of all creative deliverables are met for projects.
Craft UI wireframes, storyboards and prototypes for projects.
Resolve user experience product issues.
The PCM SDLC team is looking for an innovate UX/UI developer to join our team which is comprised of industry tested professionals who thrive on developing cutting edge applications, with a passion for innovation and pride in producing excellent user experiences. Our work environment is one where we promote agile principles and is collaborative, casual, flexible, and results driven. We provide a mission-critical Software-as-Service application to a demanding set of clients where high-quality performance is required to meet customer expectations.
The team is growing and looking to add similar minded professionals.
- Bachelor’s degree in visual communications, graphic design, web design or other IT or marketing-related disciplines, or equivalent experience preferred with a portfolio demonstrating user experience and visual design work.
- 4+ years experience with page layout and design, graphics conversion/creation, and website development/programming software.
- Advanced understanding of fundamental design principles (layout, color, animation, composition, etc.)
- Deep understanding of usability and human-computer interaction.
- Experience in designing workflows, information architecture, storyboards, wireframes, mockups, design specs and guidelines.
- Knowledge of web standards and accessibility guidelines.
- Demonstrated experience working with cross-functional software development teams (on and offshore) within an agile process.
Other Experience Preferred
- Demonstrated proficiency with interaction design tools (Balsamiq, Omnigraffle, Visio, etc).
- Experience creating design standards.
- Experience leading user research, feedback cycles and usability testing.
- Experience in multimedia design (Flash/Video).
- Experience working with and implementing complex web applications, content management system or e-business a plus.
- 2 years ago - save job
Pearson is an international media company with world-leading businesses in education, business information, and consumer publishing. Our...