Primary responsibility includes strategic account management for large and/or complex national accounts. Also, responsible for the sales of additional products/services to existing accounts. Responsibilities include implementing sales strategies to achieve revenue targets through selling new business to existing accounts, managing major account relationships, and organizing and developing the national accounts sales force. May direct and oversees a number of national account manager positions. Positions may include incumbents who are responsible for large and/or complex accounts not on a national basis. IC eligible
In this position, the individual will be expected to manage a smaller book of business than a National Account Executive, however this person will be expected to learn and develop strategic account management skills via "on the job" training with resources provided to supplement the individual's development.
* With support of their Market Manager as a mentor, manage a disciplined client strategic planning and engagement process which is comprised of establishing goals, developing strategies to achieve goals, and stating tactics to support execution of strategies.
* Develop deep client relationships to facilitate intimate knowledge of our clients' objectives.
* Assume role of trusted strategic consultative partner of our clients.
* Develop and manage relationships with key consultants and brokers.
* Articulate a consistent delivery of CIGNA's value proposition as well as own responsibility to tell the CIGNA story with minimal reliance upon subject matter experts.
* Demonstrate data-driven solutions-based orientation to drive results for our clients and for CIGNA
* With support of their Market Manager as a mentor, this individual will be expected to execute successful end-to-end sales process if client¿s business is placed out to bid.
* Exude self-motivated ownership of metric-driven results, continually acting with a sense of urgency to ensure that results are attained, if not exceeded.
* Exemplify internal and external leadership.
* Embrace culture of learning and continuous improvement.
* Champion perpetual change within CIGNA to ensure that we anticipate market trends and offer industry-leading products and services.
* Baseline knowledge (min 3-5 years) in healthcare / managed care business; to include many or all of the following: product knowledge, underwriting, risk and financial analysis skills, marketing processes, sales practices, account management and knowledge of administrative operations.
* Successful track record and/or possesses clear aptitude as a leader, administrator, and negotiator.
* Strong persuasion skills and effective communicator; possesses excellent relationship-building skills.
* Demonstrated planning/organizational skills; ability to plan for both the long and short term; ability to work on many issues at once and to prioritize work.
* Demonstrated ability to develop strong working relationships with matrix partners in the organization.
* Customer focus - ability to meet customer expectations and act with a strong focus on how to deliver.
* Effective speaking, communication, and presentation skills.
* Ability to obtain necessary licenses.
* Bachelor's degree highly preferred.
Cigna is a global health service company, dedicated to helping the people we serve improve their health, well-being and sense of security....