- Maintenance of hESCs and iPSCs under feeder-dependent and -independent culture conditions.
- Characterization of hESCs and iPSCs using a variety of methods including flow cytometry, real-time PCR and fluorescence microscopy.
- Assist with generation, characterization and differentiation of iPSCs.
- Develop new skills and enhance knowledge necessary to successfully support assigned projects.
- Prepare and deliver presentations at internal R&D meetings.
- Assist in writing and revising technical documents including SOPs, testing protocols and project reports.
- Order and maintain inventory of lab supplies and reagents.
- Support colleagues in R&D as well as other departments such as Marketing, Quality Control and Manufacturing.
- Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in a life science discipline with 1+ and 2+ year experience, respectively.
- Substantial hands-on experience with culturing hESCs and/or iPSCs.
- Expertise in characterizing pluripotent stem cells including flow cytometry, immunofluorescence, real-time PCR and basic molecular and biochemical techniques.
- Experience with generation of induced pluripotent stem cells is preferred.
- Strong desire to develop novel products for the pluripotent stem cell market.
- Ability to design and execute experiments, analyze results, troubleshoot and formulate conclusions.
From disinfecting workplaces to exfoliating dry skin, Lonza puts itself in the middle of things. As the North American operations of its...