Hondros College is currently seeking a Part-Time Insurance Instructor in the Cleveland and Akron regions!
· Students with a passion for success can achieve their goals with our focused and unique approach to education
· Education requires a balance of technical skills along with compassion, critical thinking and effective communication skills
· We provide the best education for our students by:
o Stimulating and developing each students’ abilities and enhancing individual growth
o Maintaining a team of professional faculty with extensive real world experience
o Establishing the highest standards of professional capabilities and ethical conduct
o Providing educational growth opportunities throughout their career.
Essential Functions, Duties and Responsibilities
· Instructs assigned course ( s) according to the course plan.
· Advises students on course or program issues.
· Reviews class syllabus that follows the designed curriculum plan and explains course requirements.
· Designs and implements teaching strategies that will assist the student in meeting course objectives.
· Evaluates each student’s achievement and progress. Recommends strategies for success and tutors students to assist them in meeting course objectives.
· Records students’ attendance, mentors students and tracks student performance issues.
· Records students’ attendance and grades
· Participates in faculty curriculum and ad-hoc meetings.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Specialized knowledge of related course content.
· Good written and verbal communication skills.
· Strong presentation skills.
· Ability to interact diplomatically with a variety of individuals at various organizational levels.
· Ability to educate students and to demonstrate applications using various methods.
· Ability to supervise students and provide direction.
· Ability to coordinate schedules.
· Ability to respond to escalated issues and problems.
· Ability to analyze, evaluate and summarize information and report findings.
· Ability to exercise and initiate sound judgment.
· Ability to troubleshoot and resolve or recommend solutions to moderately complex problems.
· Ability to coordinate student assignments.
· Ability to sit, stand and walk for extended periods of time.
· Ability to work under pressure and manage multiple tasks concurrently.
Education: Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Experience: Five years professional experience in the industry which they teach, and a current license in the industry from the state of Ohio .
Desirable: Previous classroom instruction experience.
Other : Must complete a mandatory one-day training program facilitated by Hondros College in Westerville , OH , as well as an audit of the class prior to teaching.
For more than 40 years, Hondros College has been helping individuals find, enter and succeed in a new career. Accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools ( ACICS), Hondros College specializes in careers that offer stability, flexibility, independence and financial reward. For a complete list of career offerings or more information on Hondros College , visit http://www.hondros.com/