Represent the organization on legal matters as assigned in addition to interfacing with legislative, regulatory boards and executive offices in Puerto Rico. Prepare supporting legal and policy documents.
- Support Managing Attorney in her work with the Puerto Rico business team, the State Regulatory Team and other legal teams requiring assistance with legal or government issues in Puerto
- Counsel and advise business clients on a wide variety of complex and developing legal and business issues.
- Act as subject matter expert for legal and government affairs matters in Puerto Rico, including implementing various policies and training internal clients on legal issues.
- Represent T-Mobile at mediation, settlement and evidentiary hearings at DACO and the Puerto Rico Telecommunications Regulatory Board. Manage all related motion practice.
- Review print, TV and radio ads; legal disclaimers; bill messages and bill inserts; and website content. Draft sweepstakes rules in the Spanish language further to the DACO regulations.
- Draft a variety of corporate agreements including commercial leases, vendor agreements and sponsorship agreements.
- Assist with regulatory compliance including DACO and the Puerto Rico Telecommunications Regulatory Board regulations.
- Manage subpoena compliance.
- Address disputes arising from cell site leases including, property damage claims, rent disputes, property restoration issues.
- Analyze and resolve legal issues that arise in the collections process. Address extra-judicial fraud identity and privacy claims.
- Conduct legal and industry-related research when appropriate.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- 5+ years overall business experience in a corporate or law office environment;
- 5+ years of experience as a business attorney, with relevant in-house and/or top law firm transactional experience;
- Able to lead projects and other initiatives with little supervision;
- Must have experience with researching complex legal matters;
- Ability to mentor and lead others informally in areas of expertise;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in Spanish and English;
- A demonstrated ability to collaborate with other legal and business professionals in a complex organization with a focus on delivering results efficiently;
- Strong analytical, negotiation, and drafting skills;
- Skill in reading, analyzing and interpreting state legislation and other complex documents;
- Experience delivering persuasive presentations to state legislators, legislative staff, executive branch officials and other decision makers on controversial and/or complex topics;
- Experience managing outside consultants;
- Ability to utilize diplomacy and tact in eliciting cooperation from internal and external audiences at all levels;
- Keen business sense with strong judgment, negotiation, drafting and decision making skills;
- Ability to work with a variety of personalities across the business organization;
- Strong prioritization skills, and execution and results orientation with customer focus;
- Ability to work efficiently, meet demanding deadlines, and balance multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment;
- Desire and ability to work as part of a team;
- Some travel will be required.
- Masters/Advanced Degree. JD from an accredited university with outstanding academic credentials
- Familiarity with issues related to the wireless industry or telecommunications and technology. Experience in politics or public policy.
PR-San Juan PR
T-Mobile - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard
T-Mobile inspires every employee to make a difference for our customers, our team, and ourselves.
T-Mobile USA is a national provider of...