within an assigned territory that is in compliance
- Administers the appraisal process for the bank
with the bank's policy and provisions of FIRREA,
USPAP, TILA, Dodd Frank and other applicable
appraisers based on credentials, abilities,
- Establishes and maintains a scorecard of approved
geographic location, market specialties, and
compliance and quality.
for appraisal review assignments.
- Obtains bids, defines timing, and negotiates prices
of the real estate market for the lending
- Generates and gather data on the economic condition
territories and reports to VP Collateral Valuation
and/or Chief Risk & Credit Officer on changes that
affect the lending process, collateral value, or
questions raised by credit, lending and special
- Completes internal reviews and supports value
independent review of appraisals reports of
- Responsible for the timely engagement in of an
commercial and residential real estate appraisals in
order to determine if collateral is acceptable,
supports value of property and is in compliance with
regulatory requirements. Recommends and/or takes
action to achieve compliance for unacceptable
bank staff relative to the risk management of real
- Makes recommendations to management and affiliate
and bank associates.
- Communicate regularly with appraisers, borrowers,
coordination of the corporate appraisal policy and
- Responsible for the administration, direction and
appraisal review program for Doral Bank, its
subsidiaries and bank affiliates to ensure
compliance with regulatory requirements.
employees / reviewers and support staff to keep all
- Provide on-going training for the appropriate bank
concerned informed of changes in regulations and
bank policies, changes in values by markets, changes
in values by property types, etc.
performance appraisal reviews, promotions, salary
- Responsible for hiring, staffing, training,
recommendations and terminations.
- Acts in alignment with company values, goals and
local and federal business and employment laws.
- Full compliance with Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) and all
- Bachelor’s Degree is required, a business major is
with bank credit, commercial real estate lending or
- Minimum five ( 5) years’ related experience, desired
commercial appraisal services of which 3-5 years was
as a bank or underwriter reviewer.
Real Estate Appraiser is preferred.
- State Licensed (EPA) is required. Certified General
business periodicals, professional journals,
- Ability to read, analyzes, and interprets general
technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
English and Spanish.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in
- Excellent knowledge of USPAP appraisal guidelines
judgment and good reasoning skills for problem
- Excellent customer service skills. Must have good
solving and be able to handle complex assignments
- Proficiency with Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook is
Req. Code : 323
Division/Department : Loan Administration
Offer Relocation : No
Doral Bank - 2 years ago
Doral Financial provides a port for your riches in Puerto Rico. The company's community banking subsidiary, Doral Bank, has about...