Bachelor's degree required. Must have experience in a direct youth development organization (as a member, volunteer, leader, paid staff member, or some combination). Access to reliable transportation for job-related travel. Ability to work evenings and weekends, as needed. Experience with word processing, e-mail, and Internet browsers.
Degree in education, sociology, youth development, or related field. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Program development, teaching
and evaluation skills. Experience working with volunteers. Experience coordinating events and educational activities. Basic understanding of youth development principles.
**Any offer of employment is contingent on the successful completion of a background check.
Leading, managing and stewarding the program includes each of the following responsibilities, with the amount of time available for each responsibility dependent upon the County 4-H Program Coordinators' percentage of time as well as the amount of support staff time purchased by the county.
Program Leadership and Development-40%
- Ensure the county program is moving toward the statewide 4-H program outcomes.
- Use the U of MN Extension 4-H Youth Development Program Planning Model.
- Engage youth and volunteers in program planning
- Identify program needs.
- Develop, implement and evaluate programs, in conjunction with volunteers, to advance the goals of the program in the county.
- Provide leadership for the local governing board (Federation/Leadership Council, Advisory Team) and county committees.
- Use research-based curriculum to create and implement learning opportunities in a variety of settings.
- Initiate club development. Maintain and ensure accessibility and quality to all youth through a full range of 4-H Club experiences (community, after school, site based and project clubs).
- Provide opportunities for reflection and public recognition (i.e. County Fair or Achievement Day).
- Coordinate youth and volunteer involvement in regional, state and national 4-H Youth Development program and opportunities.
- Build and strengthen youth and adult relationships which ensure positive youth development.
- Build relationships with partners (youth, volunteers, interns, businesses, communitybased organizations) to help advance 4-H program goals.
- Understand and educate others about recent, research-based youth development philosophy and foundation of 4-H.
- Utilize research and evaluation results to ensure quality programs.
- Collaborate with colleagues in county, regional, and state positions to ensure quality youth programs.
- Contribute to regional and state 4-H program teams.
- Recruit, supervise, and support short-term and part-time 4-H staff, interns, and volunteers.
- Follow and implement University of Minnesota, Extension, and Minnesota 4-H Youth Development policies and practices.
the 4-H Youth Development Program
- Recruit, identify & place volunteers in management and delivery roles which support
Marketing, Recruitment, Evaluation & Reporting-15%
- Develop intentional methods of reaching new volunteers
- Build capacity of volunteers to lead 4-H clubs (after school, site-based, communitybased)
- Cultivate relationships with youth and adult volunteers through a support system consisting of effective orientation, recognition, and evaluation
- Work with 4-H Volunteer & Partnership Development Educator to:
- Establish and support a volunteer development system which builds the long-term sustainability and capacity of the 4-H program
- Facilitate volunteer training in the county.
- Ensure the volunteer screening process is implemented and up to date.
- Work with the volunteer Educator to address problems that arise with volunteer roles.
- Develop a communications plan and ensure effective communication to families and stakeholders.
- Promote and market the 4-H youth development program.
- Communicate the value, impacts and outcomes of the 4-H youth development program with local stakeholders and media.
- Collect and ensure entry of data for program reporting.
paid staff and volunteers and the integrity of the county 4-H Program.
- Provide financial guidance and oversight of the county 4-H Program
- Guide budget development and accountability process for the county 4-H Program
- Incorporate best practices into the financial management systems for the protection of
- Generate and manage revenue to enhance educational programming.
- Ensure all fiscal policies are followed, including reporting for tax purposes.
COUNTY 4-H PROGRAM COORDINATOR
Position Location - Kanabec County, Mora, MN
4-H Program Coordinators lead and manage the full range of the 4-H Youth Development program in a given county. This individual has full responsibility and authority to steward the program development, human resources, and financial aspects of the 4-H Youth Development program in the county.
Please apply, complete the online application and provide a detailed work history.
You may also attach a resume, cover letter and list of references, but are not required.
For information about this position, contact:
Extension Educator for Regional Programs
The University of Minnesota Extension shall provide equal access to and opportunity in its programs, facilities, and employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, age, marital status, disability, public assistance status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.
Does this position require a background check?
University of Minnesota - 21 months ago