A leading cable/internet provider is seeking a Linux Administrator for their
Blooming Grove, NY location. They have had a difficult time finding a candidate
for this position and is looking for someone with roughly 3 years Linux
Administration experience. If you are weak on the VMware/networking side it
should be fine so long as you possess a very strong knowledge of Linux
preferably RedHat, CentOS, or Fedora.
At about 3 years experience you can expect $65k with full benefits.
Experience upwards of 5 years would bring about $75k with benefits.
Benefits include: health insurance, matching 401k, paid vacation, education
reimbursement, and free cable!
The Linux Administrator will will work very closely with software development
teams, production operations teams and support groups to meet business and
technical demands. Responsibilities include: Mentor and train junior level Linux
administrators on staff, support of Zimbra email system running on the Red Hat
Enterprise Linux (RHEL) operating system, lead on LINUX administration
(upgrades, patching, testing and monitoring) on development and test servers in
- Shares responsibility for the day-to-day support, maintenance and monitoring
of development & testing equipment running Red Hat Linux. Troubleshooting
with development teams, making OS changes, testing changes and documenting
changes for hand off to production teams.
- Meet with internal clients to gather technical requirements for new
projects, document technical proposals, and be able to review with team in a
clear and concise manner.
- Perform resource monitoring, performance tuning, and scaling of
infrastructure as needed on the RHEL systems.
- Administer virtual machines using vShpere v5
- Administer RHEL Network Satellite management platform
- Customize scripts to kickstart RHEL systems; setup other automations to
streamline repetitive administration.
- Develop, implement, test and document best practices/standards
- Keep abreast of latest changes and feature availability for Linux,
email/webmail, HA, Cisco BAC/CNR and virtualization environments.
- Configure, monitor, and manage physical storage and file systems on LINUX
- Document Linux configurations and procedures, participate in environment
planning meetings, and communicate environment requirements to management.
- Perform hardware and software installations, upgrades, and troubleshooting
of OS, provisioning, email and web based applications.
- Work closely with Zimbra & Cisco BAC/CNR application support teams to
maintain up-to-date patch level and Zimbra specific feature configuration.
- Shares responsible for functionality of Mail, MTA, LDAP, and Proxy servers
in Zimbra dev & test environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in MIS, CS or related discipline.
- 3-5 years experience with RHEL, CentOS, or Fedora system administration in
an enterprise environment
- 3-5 years experience supporting web and email servers in an ISP environment.
- 2 years of Windows administration
- 2 years experience with VMWare v5 and virtual environments
- Enterprise Technologies (NFS, Kickstart procedures, performance tuning,
- Internet server protocols and utilities (DNS, SMTP, POP, IMAP, HTTP/S, TLS,
S/FTP, TCP/IP, SSH, iptables)
- Troubleshooting and problem solving skills with little supervision (email,
network, hardware, OS)
- Ability to successfully handle the completion of multiple concurrent
assignments or related support mechanisms for escalation/resolution purposes
- Understanding of RHEL and/or software based cluster configurations and
- Shell scripting
- Security hardening
- Performance tuning and monitoring (Nagios, Catci and Solarwinds)
- Technical documentation skills
- Oracle/MySQL database administration is a plus.
- Working knowledge of NetApp / Compellent storage solutions
- Cisco UCS configuration and support a plus
InsiderJobBoard.com - 10 months ago