What You Will Do:
The Marketing Communications Specialist is responsible for the creation, development and production of internal and external marketing strategies and events.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Writing, design and coordinate production of all in-house publications, including, but not limited to PULSE, MGH Updates, Capital Connections, etc. Develop and manage distribution plans for all publications. Assist with production of other Maryland General Hospital or University of Maryland Medical System publications as requested.
2. Design and layout external and in-house flyers and posters for use internally and on MGH Intranet and consumer site.
3. Develop a schedule and coordinate internal promotion of all “health weeks/months.” Contact and work with departments throughout hospital to determine which weeks/months to recognize and extent of recognition (event or just posted on intranet, etc.), developing flyers & posters. Coordinate recognition.
4. Assist in the planning and implementation of hospital-wide and specific departmental events for patients, employees and general public, including holiday parties, hospital week, Take a Loved One to the Doctor, Nurses Week, etc.,
5. Assist in the planning and implementation of service line marketing campaigns.
6. Contract with and manage the services of outside vendors, including writers, designers, printers, photographers, promotional item vendors, etc.
7. Assist in maintaining competitor files of publications and other marketing materials.
8. Other duties as assigned.
What You Need to Be Successful:
Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing, Public Relations, English or other related area.
• A minimum of two years experience working in a marketing/communications position preferred.
• Ability to think independently and strategically and develop and implement strategic marketing plans.
• Ability to prioritize assignments and work on multiple projects at the same time.
• Knowledge of communication principles, methods, practices, and techniques; analytical methods; and interpersonal relations practices.
• Skill and experience writing/editing copy for marketing materials, newsletters, news releases, feature stories, background statements, fact sheets, radio and television spots and scripts etc.; ability to effectively proofread and edit copy;
• Advanced knowledge of work processing software, including, MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Proficient in desktop publishing (Adobe Photoshop Suite, including Illustrator, Publisher, Excel, Power Point etc.)
• Excellent written and communications skills. Attention to detail.
University of Maryland Medical System - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard