SUMMARY Directs financial activities of the company by performing the following duties. Places safety and environmental issues as a priority at all times.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Prepare reports required by regulatory agencies. Prepare quarterly reports required by lending institutions and review financial covenant compliance. Ensure corporate insurance coverages are maintained and revised as needed. · Establish department goals to support operational initiatives.
- Manages and administers all actions regarding account receivables, account payables, and all additional financial functions of the company.
- Responsible for the compilation and accuracy of financial reporting and ensuring GAAP compliance.
- Review all corporate contracts and other legal documents.
- Ensure compliance with all Local, State, and Federal laws and statutes and other governmental regulations, which are directly applicable to the company.
- Prepare and compile information for all corporate tax returns.
- Work directly with external accounting firm in preparation of annual review.
Review and analyze financial results and identify variations. Establish and maintain relations with banks and other financial institutions. · Oversee and manage direct reports in the Finance Department.
- Develop, document, and provide for continuous improvement in accounting processes and procedures.
Perform other related duties as required and assigned.
KNOWLEGDE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- 5+ years of management experience
- 3+ years of tax (corporate/individual) experience preferred
- Minimum of 5 years accounting experience preferably in the manufacturing sector
- Must be able to communicate effectively and possess professional interpersonal skills
- Must have an acceptable background and credit check
- Must be able to receive government security clearance
- Must be a U.S. citizen or possess an unexpired US issued green card
- Must have proven ability and will be required to take initiative, to maintain confidentiality, to meet deadlines, and to work in a team environment.
- Must have excellent experience in PC-based computing (word processing - Microsoft Word, spreadsheet - Microsoft Excel, presentation - Microsoft PowerPoint, documentation, statistical software) is essential.
- Experience in JobBoss and E2 are preferred
- Must have knowledge and experience in accounting required compliancy and regulatory laws.
- Experience in corporate budget preparations preferred
Requires a Bachelors degree in Accounting, Financial, or related field from an accredited college or university; and/or seven (7) years related experience and/or training in accounting of which five (5) years are in an accounting manager capacity; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Monster - 13 months ago
Pegasus Steel is a professional heavy steel fabrication service center with a reputation for integrity, quality, and service. Pegasus Steel...