The Operating Room RN provides nursing care in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization. The tasks and responsibilities include:
- Assesses, plans and evaluates the nursing care needs of the patient before, during and after a surgical procedure.
- Provides nursing care to the patient undergoing surgical procedures.
- Provides comfort and support for pre-operative patients.
- Participates in the care of patients receiving conscious sedation.
- Carries out physician orders.
- Administers prescribed medications, applies dressings, monitors vital signs.
- Assists physician during procedures.
- Maintains aseptic techniques and actively monitors situations which could lead to breaches in aseptic technique.
- Coordinates the operating room with respect to sterility, cleanliness, availability of functioning equipment and supplies.
- Ensures the proper handling of specimens.
- Serves as the primary coordinator of all disciplines for well coordinated patient care.
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
Current NV RN license
Minimum of 5 years in Peri-Operative Services, for either Surgery or Endoscopy Care Unit.
Working knowledge of Sterile Processing guideline and Standard of Practice.
Moderate Sedation - in house certification
AORN /CNOR preferred
HCA Inc - 13 months ago