ATK Aerospace Systems leads the industry in solid rocket propulsion systems, satellite components and subsystems, lightweight space deployables and solar arrays. We are constantly pushing the boundaries of our nation's capabilities in space.
ATK is seeking a candidate to fill a Fabrication Technician position for its Beltsville, MD facility. Position is for 1st shift. Candidate will provide mechanical support for the manufacturing and testing of integrated products including: Spacecraft Structures with an emphasis in heat-pipe embedded radiator panels and/or Spacecraft Integration. Company relocation not available.
Fabrication Technician Grade 6:
- High school diploma is required (education will be verified.)
- Minimum 1-2 years previous fabrication experience or Aerospace mechanical assembly preferred
- Aptitude to read and interpret drawings, familiarity with hand tools and strong math skills.
- Operate equipment such as pneumatic drills, SEMCO guns and rivet shavers.
- Operate various instruments such as scales, verniers, micrometers, height gage and resistance meters.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Candidate must possess the aptitude to read and follow written manufacturing instructions and technical procedures.
- Safe handling of hazardous materials in accordance with OSHA and company policies.
- Candidate must be able to read and follow written manufacturing instructions and technical procedures.
- Must be able to work closely with lead technicians and supervisor to meet build requirements and schedules.
- Must be experienced in bonding techniques using multiple part paste adhesives and/or RTV silicones. NASA Polymerics training or experience preferred.
- Must be able to work modified shifts, overtime and weekends, if needed, and have some flexible working hours to staff production needs.
- U.S Citizenship or permanent residency is also required.
- Company relocation not available.
- NASA Polymerics training or experience preferred.
- Preference given to prior experience in aviation or space flight applications.
- Computer knowledge in Microsoft Office applications such as Excel and Word is a plus.
- Familiar with Continuous Improvement, Lean Manufacturing and 5S principles a plus.
- Candidates with prior military experience are a plus.
Competencies for Success:
- Successful candidates will need to be a team player with a strong desire to work in a fast-paced, professional environment.
- Ability to follow the directions of supervision and lead technicians for the fabrication of space flight hardware
- Meticulous attention to detail.
ATK has the people, strategy, agility, and products to thrive in a highly dynamic national security and space environment. If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are committed to a diverse workforce.
Equal Opportunity Employer
less than 25%
Years of Experience:
Nearest Major Market:
Fabrication, Equipment Operator, Military, Defense, Manufacturing, Government
ATK - 23 months ago
Space is not the final frontier for Alliant Techsystems (ATK), as long as its aerospace/defense offerings are paving new paths. Through four...