PCMI ( Big Rapids, Chippewa Hills, Evart Public, Morley Stanwood Community, and Reed City Area Public Schools )
Part Time, Seasonal positions are located in Mecosta-Osceola ISD
Ability to successfully pass all criminal background check(s)
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED)
- Associate degree or 60 semester hours of college (desired but not required)
- Passing scores for one of the following (desired but not required): WorkKeys, MTTC (Michigan Test for Teacher Certification-Basic Skills), or ETS Parapro Assessment
- Basic first aid certification/CPR (desired but not required)
- CPI (Crisis Prevention Intervention) training (desired but not required)
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to resolve conflict in a positive manner
- Desire to work with students in various age groups
- Ability to lift 25+ lbs
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
- Ability to successfully complete all required on-line training (Global Compliance Network)
- Ability to work varied schedules and/or in multiple locations
All duties connected to/with providing support with all daily activities within the classroom. Duties may include; positive reinforcement through verbal and non-verbal actions in order to promote a safe and productive learning environment, ability to manage and control students who may display behavior challenges, conflict management skills, friendly and professional demeanor when interacting with students, parents, and other staff. May also include lifting during interaction with students and other duties as assigned.
Work Environment :
The work environment characteristics described below are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Room temperatures, lighting, noise levels and office equipment found in a typical office environment. All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees. This document in no way conveys any contractual agreement. Employment remains on an “at-will” basis.
Pay: $ 7.40 – $8.75 hr.
PCMI is an Equal Opportunity Employer: It is the policy of PCMI that no person on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, sex, marital status or disability shall be discriminated against, excluded from participation in, denied the benefits of or otherwise be subjected to, discrimination in any program or activity.
How to Apply: Log onto http://www.applitrack.com/pcmi/onlineapp/
k12jobspot.com - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard -