The Kroger Co. – Delta Division is actively recruiting for Store Management Trainees/Co-Managers for our Little Rock, Arkansas area stores. Candidates must be open to relocation and available to work all locations represented.
Your career begins in the Management Development Program. During 20 weeks of classroom and in-store training, you develop Managerial, Merchandising, Leadership, Inventory Control, and Customer Service skills that enhance your abilities to run a multi-million dollar operation. Upon graduation, you become part of a high performance team creating a positive and engaging work environment where hard work and results provide endless opportunities for future success.
Essential Job Functions:
- Develop and implement plans for achieving departmental objectives and business plans.
- Follows through on sales plans in full support of division merchandising programs.
- Plan and carries out in-store promotions and interdepartmental tie-ins to maximize sales and create a selling atmosphere.
- Establishes and maintains effective inventory control methods in all departments.
- Controls ordering; avoids overstocks; support administration.
- Require, through proper supervision, effective pricing of merchandise.
- Ensures freshness of product by closely adhering to rotation and dating policy.
- Schedules and organizes work force consistent with store sales and union contract.
- Controls departmental expenses such as wages, utilities, wrapping supplies, etc.
- Assist in the selection, indoctrination, training and development of departmental personnel, utilizing division training programs.
- Plans and conducts weekly meetings with departmental personnel.
- Supervises Sanitation Program in compliance with division standards.
- Administers safety and fire prevention programs as directed by division of Loss Prevention Department.
- Is familiar with and works within framework of labor contracts in stores.
- Keeps Store Manager informed of all activities within own area of responsibility.
- Instructs in the proper use of store equipment to ensure safety standards are accomplished.
- Works closely with department heads, keeping them informed of matters, which affect them and their performance, both individually and departmentally.
- Maintains self-development program to improve own personal knowledge, skills, and abilities in order to continue to upgrade own contribution to the store.
- Handles customer complaints quickly and efficiently in order to achieve customer satisfaction.
- Maintain security (cash handling, shop lifting, and theft).
- Supports and works to achieve equal employment opportunities and promotions for minorities and females.
- Assumes responsibility for the store in absence of the Store Manager.
In addition to competitive salaries and an attractive bonus program, Kroger offers
It is the policy of The Kroger Company to provide equal opportunity for all applicants for employment.
- Very Competitive Health & Income Protection Plans
- 401(K) Retirement Savings Account
- Paid Vacation
- Relocation Opportunities
- Associate Discounts
- Stock Purchase Plan
- Credit Union Membership
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Stock Options
Click "Apply Now" to be considered for this position.
- 4 Year College Degree or 2 Year Degree with Prior Retail Management Experience
- Outstanding Communication Skills, both written and oral.
- Excellent Analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to handle multiple assignments concurrently with a proven track record of delivering results in a fast paced environment.
- Exceptional Leadership skills
Kroger - 20 months ago