Provide legal support to Bank of America Merrill Lynch’s Global Banking and Markets FICC division in their structuring, marketing and trading of structured products and CLOs. The attorney will provide legal coverage to the CLO desk in connection with the origination, distribution and trading of CLOs. The attorney will also provide legal coverage to multiple fixed income desks (Emerging Markets, Municipals, Mortgages, Credit, and Cross Asset Solution Group) in connection with the structuring and distribution of structured products. The attorney will also be expected to collaborate with other attorneys on cross-product platform initiatives. The attorney will:
· Provide advice, both legal and strategic, to business partners and other support partners relating to all matters involving structured products and CLO’s
· Serve as a key legal advisor to business in connection with applicable Dodd Frank regulation governing these transactions including securizations and derivative activities relating to structured products
· Provide counsel and advice regarding other regulatory trends, implementation of new regulatory requirements, and best practices across these product areas
· Advise business on risk governance and compliance issues, including escalation of new issues and mitigation of same
· Proactively identify risks,( legal, regulatory, business and operational risk) and work with relevant business and other support partners to mitigate and resolve
· JD - Must have relevant bar admission and law degree
· 9+ 9+ years experience with structured products/CLOs and derivatives.
· Major law firm experience with at least three years experience at a major financial institution
· Deep working knowledge of structured products and derivatives
· Strong knowledge of securities laws as they relate to CLOs and origination and sale of other structured products
· Working knowledge of applicable Dodd Frank regulations relating to the area.
· Familiar with US financial regulatory landscape.
· An attorney who can collaborate and who can work in a team-oriented workplace. Must be able to partner with Risk, Compliance and other peer support areas.
· An attorney who can establish trust and credibility across the organization as well as with regulators and other key external constituents.
· Location in NYC
Bank of America - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard
Bank of America Corporation is a bank holding company. Through its banking subsidiaries (the Banks) and various non-banking subsidiaries...