Destination Maternity has an opportunity within our
Global Partner Business team for an Associate Designer
that will be responsible for creating the collections
that meet the needs our international customers.
nursing tops and bottoms for the Indian market in
- Creating a collection of ethnic maternity and
partnership with the International Merchant on a
international markets as market conditions warrant.
- Creating supplemental line extensions to serve other
swatches, silhouette, and color direction, in
- Shopping the local Indian print market for print
tandem; Visiting Indian factories to develop the
- Adjusting color-ways in prints/stripes/plaids on the
concepts/styles to our partners.
- Creating multiple lines sheets and boards to show
our partners on a seasonal Basis.
- Presenting trend concepts and line presentations to
technical design team twice a week.
- Fitting development garments with the merchant and
including flat sketches, trim information, fabric
- Creating detailed PLM packages for new product
commenting on lab dips and strike offs of fabric and
- Partner with Intl Product Manager in reviewing and
partners via E-mail.
- Sending daily communications to our agents and
- Following up on outstanding issues internally and
- Minimum work experience: 2 years in a design
ability to create line sheets, ability to scan
- Strong design skills in Photoshop/Illustrator:
print/patterns onto flat sketches, ability to change
colors on the computer in print/plaid color-ways.
review and comment on labs dips and fabric
- Knowledge of fabric approval processes: ability to
the computer and create detailed PLM development
- Strong PLM computer knowledge: ability to sketch on
fitting development garments with a technical design
- Knowledge of fitting procedures: experience in
line to management.
- Strong presentation skills: experience presenting a
development with overseas vendors, detailed
- Strong communication skills: experience in product
communication skills via E-mail and PLM packages.
travel to India 2-4 times a year for 1-2 weeks at a
- Ability to travel overseas: willing and able to
time (will travel with a merchant or production
must be proactive and have ability to work
- Strong organizational skills, the right candidate
independently, keeping to key milestone dates on TNA
development calendar for International.
Destination Maternity Corporation is an Equal
- Competitive health and wellness benefits
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Vacation / Sick / Holiday / Personal Time
- Merchandise Discount
Req. Code : 1500
% of Travel Required : 10-20%
Destination Maternity Corporation (formerly Mothers Work, Inc.) is the world's largest designer and retailer of maternity apparel, using its...