License in elementary education
Master's degree in library science
2. Successful experience in teaching information literacy and technology desirable
Develop and implement a library media program integrated with the classroom instructional program
Performance will be evaluated by the building principal in accordance with the provisions of the master contract.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND PERFORMANCE RESPONSIBILITIES:
In the area of learning and teaching, the
1. Identify content appropriate for each grade level from the district's Information Literacy curriculum and teach to students. Instruction will be integrated with the districts K-5 technology curriculum and when appropriate and possible, with classroom activities.
2. Develop and implement the districts K-5 technology curriculum.
3. Assist with district curriculum development by participating in team planning and teaching, serving as a classroom resource person and providing instructional materials support.
4. Promote and assist staff and students in the use of a variety of resources.
5. Assist with student and staff production projects.
6. Promote and support the appropriate use of technology by students and teachers.
7. Provide reading guidance and encourage reading for both enjoyment and information.
8. Design instruction for diverse learning abilities, styles and needs and model and promote effective and creative teaching strategies.
9. Help students become independent users of information.
10. Provide inservice to teachers on emerging technologies.
11. Consult with parents on services of the library.
Ability to collaborate with a variety of people
Student-centered and caring; excited about teaching
Good communication skills
Flexible and positive
Knowledge of curriculum, information problem-solving, resource-based learning, information literacy, and general education
Knowledge of computers and other technologies
Good organizational skills
Current in children's, young adult and adult literature
Evidence of a strong academic background
In the area of program administration, the
1. Design and implement a building library program, consistent with building and district goals.
2. Coordinate daily operation of the building library.
3. Train and supervise library staff, student aides and volunteers.
4. Communicate library program goals clearly to building principal and staff.
5. Communicate with principal and/or district library coordinator regarding program development and concerns.
6. Administer the building media budget.
7. Plan and manage the distribution and storage of all library materials and equipment to provide maximum access for faculty and students.
8. Provide flexible and convenient access to the library.
9. Organize and maintain records of acquisitions, holdings, circulation, etc., for hardware and materials inventory, maintenance, and access purposes
10. Select materials (print and non-print) according to board policy and supporting regulations.
11. Ensure that equipment is maintained and repaired as needed.
12. Establish a public relations program to inform the school of library program activities.
13. Encourage use of the library and its equipment and materials by students and teachers.
14. Participate in district-level meetings, inservices, committee work and curriculum writing.
15. Remain current in the profession through professional reading, associations and conference attendance.
16. Establish a friendly, productive atmosphere in the library.
Bending, carrying, climbing, driving, lifting, pushing-pulling, reaching, sitting, standing, walking.
1. Includes extremes of temperature and humidity.
2. Hazards include stairs and communicable diseases.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Ankeny Community School District - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard