Regional Accountant - 07648 |
Arthur J. Gallagher & Co., one of the world's largest insurance brokers, provides a full range of retail and wholesale property/casualty (P/C) brokerage and alternative risk transfer services globally, as well as employee benefit brokerage, consulting, and actuarial services in the United States. We also offer claims and information management, risk control consulting, and appraisal services to clients around the world.
Gallagher Benefit Services, Inc. (GBS) consistently stands out in a competitive marketplace as an employer of knowledgeable, highly skilled and competitive talent. We are a company that touches businesses and their employees on a personal level. At the core, our job is to help protect the health and well-being of employees and their families and provide for their financial security – all while allowing employers to attract and retain the people they need to grow and succeed. As you consider the value of working for Gallagher Benefit Services, remember your talent, winning attitude and strong performance will be highly valued and will maximize your future potential.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Presents recommendations to management based on analysis completed personally or by others who the incumbent may supervise.
- Prepares at least one financial statement or public report (balance sheet, statement of cash flows, etc.).
- Responsible for most complex activities associated with general ledger, financial reports, and budget analysis.
- Produces timely, accurate and reliable financial information, including preparation of P&L, balance sheets, and group consolidations.
- May post accruals/prepayments, reconcile intercompany accounts, P&L and balance sheet accounts, manage & control the fixed asset register, capital expenditure controls & reporting, produce monthly consolidation reporting pack, produce statutory accounts, compute corporate tax (in conjunction with tax function) and/or analyze cost center reporting.
- Reviews the work of and trains (formally or informally) less senior staff on financial compliance issues.
- May supervise day-to-day work of lower level employees, but will not typically have formal management role.
- Bachelor's degree (Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration)
- 5 or more years of related work experience required
- Broad knowledge of accounting practices/principles and preparation of strategic recommendations to management
- Proficiency in MS Excel application and functions
- CPA, MBA or other financial certification
U.S. Eligibility Requirements:
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects on timely and accurately
Gallagher offers competitive salaries and benefits, including: medical/dental/vision plans, life and accident insurance, 401(K), employee stock purchase plan, educational expense reimbursement, employee assistance program, flexible work hours (availability varies by office and job function) training programs, matching gift program, and more.
- Interested candidates must submit an application and resume/CV online to be considered
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must be willing to submit to a background investigation; any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States. For U.S. employment opportunities, Gallagher hires U.S. citizens, permanent residents, asylees, refugees, and temporary residents. Temporary residence does not include those with non-immigrant work authorization (F, J, H or L visas), such as students in practical training status. Exceptions to these requirements will be determined based on shortage of qualified candidates with a particular skill. Gallagher will require proof of work authorization
- Must be willing to execute Gallagher's Employee Agreement or Confidentiality and Non-Disclosure Agreement, which require, among other things, post-employment obligations relating to non-solicitation, confidentiality and non-disclosure
Gallagher believes that all persons are entitled to equal employment opportunity and does not discriminate against nor favor any applicant because of race, color, religion, sex, age, veteran status, disability, national origin, or any other legally protected status. Equal employment opportunity will be extended in all aspects of the employer-employee relationship, including, but not limited to, recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, transfer, demotion, compensation, benefits, layoff, and termination. In addition, Gallagher will make reasonable accommodations to known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified applicant with a disability, unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business.
Arthur J. Gallagher & Co - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard