Manages a division and has full responsibility for revenue and the profit and loss of a hauling company.
The following responsibilities are general duties that a particular employee in this position may or may not be required to perform. The actual duties required of this position will vary.
Interested candidates should submit resumes and salary requirements by clicking "Apply Now". Please reference Job Title and Job #.
- Evaluates, in conjunction with the General Manager, the site and service requirements in order to develop an operational plan for the hauling company, landfill, recyclery and/or transfer station.
- Responsible for the execution, follow up, and sustainability of planned operating improvements.
- Works closely with General Manager, Sales Manager and Pricing Team to develop and execute a sales strategy including new sales, identification of revenue sources, maintaining customer relationships and implementing price increases.
- Monitors current status vs. budget for P&L, capital expenditures and accounts receivable and develops realistic attainable action items for areas needing improvement.
- Responsible for the overall compliance of the division's operations within permit conditions and interacting with regulatory agencies that are responsible for monitoring the status of compliance. Conducts routine site inspections.
- If responsible for a landfill, develops and executes site design plans, manages fill plans and determines acceptance or rejection of waste streams.
- Recruits, selects and hires employees as needed. Performs/checks all necessary items in hiring procedures.
- Responsible for the efficient and safe work activities of all division employees, providing assistance to managers, supervisors and employees with their needs, resolving problems and concerns as required. Communicates company policies to employees. Ensures positive morale of division employees.
- Ensures the division maintains quality customer service and is responsive to customer needs through active participation of all division managers, supervisors and employees.
- Represents the Company in interactions with community groups, elected officials, and government agencies.
- Responsible for coordinating operational activities with other departments and divisions within the business unit.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION, CERTIFICATION:
- Either (1) high school diploma or G.E.D. certification and minimum of 4 years management and job-related experience including experience in sales, operations and/or maintenance functions; OR (2) 7 years management and job-related experience including experience in sales, operations and/or maintenance functions.
- Previous experience working at sites regulated by OSHA.
- Landfill operator license, if responsible for a landfill.
KNOWLEDGE AND COMPETENCIES:
- Bachelor's or associate’s degree.
- Prior experience in the waste or transportation industry.
- Valid Class A or B CDL.
The following key competencies represent qualities, traits and behaviors that a successful employee will exhibit. This list is not exhaustive, as other qualities, traits and behaviors are also desired.
REPRESENTATIVE MACHINES, TOOLS, EQUIPMENT AND/OR SOFTWARE USED:
- Analysis – Asks questions and gathers information to resolve problems and improve performance.
- Attention to Detail – Notices the small things that others often overlook. Sees all the pieces that comprise the larger process.
- Oral Communication – Effectively conveys information to customers, coworkers and direct reports. Articulates clearly. Listens to and understands others.
- Written Communication – Expresses ideas clearly and concisely in writing. Uses correct grammar, punctuation, and spelling.
- Customer Service – Within reason, does what it takes to meet expectations of internal and external customers. Acts in a professional manner towards customers and coworkers.
- Ethics – Helps establish and adheres to policies and procedures. Follows professional standards of conduct and agreed upon business practices. Does not engage in questionable financial activities. Does not allow himself/herself, employees or customers to bend the rules or cut corners. Is trustworthy and honest.
- Financial Management – Develops budgets that maximize the use of Allied Waste resources and manages them accordingly. Follows sound accounting principles. Has insight into the financial nature of the waste and recycling industry. Understands financial terms, tables and reports.
- Leadership – Establishes a clear vision for the business unit. Uses interpersonal and motivational techniques to guide employees toward goal accomplishment. Models appropriate behavior.
- Managing Others – Directs and coordinates projects, materials, processes and people to accomplish results. Advises and counsels subordinates.
- Quality Improvement – Defines standards for services and work processes and appropriately drives self and employees to achieve those standards. Adjusts work practices to reduce errors.
- Safety Orientation – Follows and promotes safety rules and procedures. Requires customers, coworkers and everyone in his/her business unit to follow safety precautions at all times.
- Strategic Planning – Identifies the key actions that will make significant contributions to Allied Waste. Helps establish long-term goals, and plans accordingly.
The following machines, tools, equipment and/or software are commonly, but not always, associated with the performance of this position. Actual machines, tools, equipment and/or software used will vary.
ENVIRONMENTAL/ATMOSPHERIC WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Office equipment including, but not limited to, computer, phone, fax machine, copier and calculator.
- MS Office including Word and Excel.
- Company information system applications including InfoPro, CMS/RMS.
The following environmental/atmospheric working conditions are commonly, but not always, associated with the performance of this position. The actual working conditions will vary.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required by personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the company.
- Office environment.
- May be exposed to extreme weather conditions.
- May be exposed to residential and commercial waste.
- May require travel to multiple sites.
Republic Services is a dynamic company that offers a competitive salary and benefits package including major medical coverage, supplemental insurance programs, retirement benefits, and paid vacation and holidays.
Republic Services promotes a drug-free and alcohol-free workplace and conducts pre-employment drug testing.
Republic Services - 19 months ago