This position is responsible for formulating patient responsibility estimates for hospital and surgical center services for patients and non-patients wanting to know their out-of-pocket costs prior to receiving care. The incumbent will be responsible to obtain insurance eligibility and benefits information and review insurance eligibility responses to obtain correct coverage information. The incumbent will also communicate with the patients and non-patients seeking cost estimate information and answer questions related to payment and/or financial assistance information. This position will contribute to ongoing cost estimation accuracy initiatives and will recommend enhancements to tools and processes related to cost estimation.
Entry Rate: $11.54
Benefits Eligible: Yes
Shift Details: Mon-Fri 7:30am-4pm
- Must type 30 WPM (words per minute) or higher
- Must have two or more years customer service work experience
- Must have excellent interpersonal, communication and telephone skills
- Medical terminology
- Hearing/Listening, Seeing, Speaking, Sitting
- Experience using CPT, ICD-9, and/or DRG codes
- Admitting, billing, collection, and/or insurance verification experience
- Previous hospital or physician office experience
- Experience with cost estimation for health care services
All positions subject to close without notice
Intermountain Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V
Intermountain Healthcare is an internationally recognized system of 22 hospitals and a full range of medical services, multi-specialty...