Sirius Computer Solutions is a nationally recognized solution provider with a certified team of sales and technical professionals who have the skills, product knowledge and commitment to help clients develop and implement the right solutions to solve their business needs. You will be joining a company known for cultivating the best talent, providing a positive work environment, and offering a competitive compensation and benefits package designed to help our employees to thrive both personally and professionally.
The primary purpose for the Managed Services Operations Analyst I is to perform technical tasks, which are related to the operation and monitoring of equipment and applications processing for the managed services customer base, including zSeries, iSeries, pSeries, Windows, Linux, and network environments in accordance with established procedures, guidelines, schedules, and checklists.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
• Provide tier-1 support for incoming calls received via telephone, Email, and Web portal; address and resolve problems as appropriate, referencing supplied training material and customer documentation; document all issues by utilizing appropriate ticketing application.
• Complete assigned customer workload, including error handling, Nimsoft board alerts, schedules, and checklists
• Ensure issues (batch, online, systems, etc) are communicated to customers in a timely and effective manner
• Increase existing knowledge of high availability, monitoring, help desk, scheduling, and back-up utility applications used in managed services operations, such as iTera, MIMIX, Nimsoft Unified Management, Automate, Service Desk Express, Remedy, Robot, Advanced Scheduler, CA-7,ZEKE, TSM, BRMS, NetBackup and /or similar applications
• Respond to alerts, submit and monitor jobs, complete schedules/checklists, execute back-ups, restore files, recover both on-line and batch abends, document issues via ticketing application
• Interface with customers, various managed services staff personnel, and third party vendors to resolve issues
• Associate’s Degree or College/Technical School certification in Computer Science
• Minimum 1 year related experience in a managed services environment
• Experience in one or more of the following: zSeries, iSeries, pSeries, Windows, and Linux, and associated peripheral hardware and software
Other Required Qualifications
• Experience in high availability applications such as iTera and MIMIX
• Experience in monitoring applications such as Nimsoft Unified Management, Automate, or similar
• Experience in help desk applications such as Service Desk Express (SDE), Remedy, or similar
• Experience in scheduling applications such as Robot, Advanced Scheduler, CA-7, ZEKE, or similar
• Experience in backup utilities such as TSM, BRMS, Net Backup, or similar
Other Desired Qualifications
• ITIL Foundation certification
• Tasks performed in support of this job have potential to occur on evenings, weekends, and holidays
• This position will participate in an on-call support rotation
For those ready to Get Sirius, we offer a competitive benefits package which includes such plans as medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, long term care, 401(k), paid holidays, and sick leave and vacation accrual. In addition, Sirius employees may utilize other benefits such as including education reimbursement, online training and travel programs.
Sirius Computer Solutions, Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, domestic partner status, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.