MANAGER, EXTERNAL REPORTING
Oversee the external financial reporting function to ensure reporting is timely, accurate and complete, including the overall preparation of the Company’s Forms 10-K, 10-Q, 8-K and other SEC filings. Implement accounting and disclosure requirements related to new accounting pronouncements. Perform technical accounting research, various financial analyses, and miscellaneous reporting for Corporate Finance.
Reports To: VP, Corporate Finance
Peers: Director Financial Reporting, Group / Division Finance and Accounting Managers
Primary Working Relationships: Corporate Finance, Treasury, Tax, Investor Relations, and Group / Division Finance and Accounting Teams
Direct Reports: Senior Financial Analyst
· Primary responsibility for the preparation and review of the Company’s consolidated quarterly and annual SEC filings including the financial statements, footnotes, MD&A, XBRL and earnings releases.
· Research technical accounting issues and provide recommendations on resolution. Review the propriety of accounting treatment on various business unit projects / proposals. Ensure consistency of accounting treatment across groups / divisions and compliance with GAAP and the Company’s accounting policies.
· Analyze the impact of emerging accounting standards on the Company and its business units. Assist in implementing and educating business units of any necessary changes and ensure proper disclosure in external filings.
· Review business unit financial results, investigate issues, explain variances and perform related financial analysis.
· Maintain existing accounting policies and develop, communicate and implement any new accounting policies.
· Assist with the overall coordination of the Company’s annual audit and quarterly reviews, as well as the annual audits of the Company’s benefit plans and consolidating subsidiaries.
· Various other tasks, including review of investor presentations, revenue recognition, ad hoc analyses and special projects, as assigned.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Accounting
- CPA status required
Job Related Experience:
- Minimum of 4-6 years’ experience required
- Public accounting (audit background) and / or large public company experience is preferred
VALUES / QUALITIES:
· Self-motivated, pro-active, anticipates future needs.
· Results focused while ensuring a high level of quality; detail oriented.
· Commitment to continuous process improvement.
· Strong organizational / time management skills with the ability to prioritize.
· Ability to make decisions based on precedent and solve arising issues using sound. professional judgment, experience and research.
Functional Area Skills/ Knowledge:
· Strong understanding and working knowledge of current accounting issues, practices and financial reporting (GAAP and SEC regulations).
· Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Ability to work independently and as a team member with excellent interpersonal skills.
· Proven ability to effectively lead teams.
· Knowledge of software industry and related revenue recognition accounting rules is preferred.
· Knowledge of consolidation and financial reporting systems; SAP experience is preferred.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
Fiserv, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and maintains a Drug-Free Workplace.
Fiserv (NASDAQ: FISV) is a leading global technology provider serving the financial services industry.