As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors. With approximately 24,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services. General Dynamics Information Technology is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
Serves as the Exercise Project Manager for all collective training events conducted at MTC-HI. Serves as the primary interface with unit leadership in the establishment of unit training objectives and the design and development of training events. Provides coordination and sharing of assets between the various branches. Manages all aspects of facility and space management for collective training events. Calculates and justifies the contractor portion of exercise funding requirements. During exercise execution, ensures the event is conducted in accordance with the desires and needs of the training unit commander, and serves as a role player in a higher or adjacent headquarters as required.
1.Develops an exercise teams with members from each branch (as approriate) in order to accomplish the specific requirements of each exercise
2.Conducts regular meetings with the exercise team for the purpose of conflict resolution between the various training branches.
3.Consults with BCTP, JFCOM, NSC and all other users to design and support exercise events which meet their training requirements for echelons ranging from company to echelons above corps. Initiates and maintains contacts with key personnel and technical representatives of the customer or other organizations.
4.Works with simulation and technical branch reps to develop exercise simulation/stimulation architectures. Oversees the process of configuring battle command systems. Ensures end to end connectivity and tactical message flow has been tested prior to exercise start. Coordinates with simulation reps for simulation support and oversees testing to verify the operational status of the federation prior to exercise start.
5.Develops products and materials such as curriculum, lectures, and computer-based training aids based on consultation with clients and user specifications for use in all collective training events.
6.Maintains doctrinal currency and situational awareness of the Afghanistan, Iraq and Pacific AOR.
7.Responsible for maintaining technical proficiency for multiple C4ISR systems and maintains subject matter expertise with GWOT operations, Army doctrine and tactics, techniques and procedures.
Bachelors Degree in a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work/military experience.
10-15 years of directly related experience in the development and delivery of technical training programs.
General: An Exercise Project Manager must have the interpersonal and technical skills in automated simulations and exercise design.
Desired skills and abilities are:
1. Military staff experience and be a graduate of the Army Command and General Staff College or other service equivalent school (MEL 4).
2. Familiarity with ABCS systems to facilitate training with military customers and provide expertise during exercises and digital staff integration training.
3. Expertise in one and familiarity in other military war fighting function areas.
4. Familiarity with Joint doctrine and Multinational operations.
5. Capability of being a project manager (exercise lead). Meet with customers to determine all training and support requirements. Capable of coordinating and managing BCTC assets to execute training event.
6. Capability of coordinating all aspects for ERF / MRF game (technical and scenario).
7. Ability to write operational orders and annexes including both Joint and UN documents.
8. Capability of interfacing with both US and foreign military customers in support of exercises from small units to JTF levels. Determines all requirements involving bi-lateral / multi national exercise requirements.
9. Constructive simulation experience and is familiar with LVC simulations.
10. Willing to travel ISO PACOM AOR
11. Secret clearance required.
Security Clearance Level
Security Clearance Basis
National Agency Check (NLC)
Security Clearance Polygraph
Job ID Number
Technical Operations (TechOps)
Potential for Deployment
General Dynamics Corporation (General Dynamics) offers a portfolio of products and services in business aviation; combat vehicles, weapons...