Catalent Pharma Solutions (a Blackstone Group company) is a leading Drug Development, Advanced Delivery Technology and Supply partner to the global pharmaceutical industry. A Fortune 1000 company, with over 20 locations on 5 continents, we partner with 90 out of the top 100 pharmaceutical companies and 44 of the top 50 biotech firms, as well as thousands of small innovator companies.
I. Essential Functions:
The position is responsible functionally for strategic Indirect procurement at the local facility. This includes the development and execution of strategic initiatives, that involve indirect & Indirect Bullet Train (IBT) cost out, capital projects, supplier quality for strategic Indirect, vendor management, payable terms, buy to pay process improvements, and contracting, to achieve and support the goals and objectives as established by Global Procurement, Site Operations and Key functions.
The position will support the Regional Indirect Procurement Manager to develop and lead projects that deliver value to Catalent through cost savings, process improvement, supplier innovation, and supplier management, help gain competitor advantages and meet customer needs.
II. Specific Duties, Activities, and Responsibilities:
- Supports global / regional procurement initiatives as well as leads site-level initiatives for supplier management, supplier quality & supplier performance improvement.
- Optimizes the supply base through consolidation.
- Participates in or leads cross-functional initiatives to reduce cost and improve service level for both internal and external customers.
- Develops & manages key supplier relationships to serve the local site in the most efficient manner.
Procurement process compliance:
- Through a collaborative team coordinates and drives the RFP’s / RFI’s process for regional and site level initiatives. Invites key / core suppliers to provide solutions and cost proposals for Catalent business requirements, evaluates proposals, makes supplier recommendations, selects suppliers, awards business, and handles contracts for key stakeholders.
- Leverages and negotiates pricing on combined volumes of purchases at various locations with industry leading suppliers to reduce the cost of goods and overheads. Prioritizes savings opportunities and takes a unified approach with our various purchasing locations in the region to meet with the potential suppliers and get the lowest possible total cost to deliver cost savings.
- Negotiates and monitors goods prices & service contracts.
- Discusses defective or unacceptable goods or services with quality assurance or quality control personnel, users, and others to determine source of trouble and take corrective action.
- Communicates price changes and / or discrepancies and determines financial impact.
- Develops and maintains an accurate accounting of the spend for each category, checks and corrects, when needed, the indirect spend figures reported in BRAVO.
- Monthly communicates IBT-savings to the local IBT-lead for updates of the TCP-tracker or monthly updates the TCP-tracker herself / himself.
- Supports the local Capital Expenditure projects in close collaboration with local teams & global Procurement, monitors the CAPEX-project status in the CAPEX-tool, approves local CAPEX-projects in the CAPEX-tool.
- Optimizes cash by extending supplier payment terms and/or negotiating term discounts.
- Responsible for the Procurement controllership on site.
- Responsible for ensuring the supplier adheres to the Terms & Conditions specified on the purchase order and resolves challenges, for implementing the Regional Indirect Procurement guideline on site and contributing to its local deployment.
- Complies with and follows all procedures within the company Security, EHS and Global Trade policies.
- When needed, acts as a back-up for Indirect / Direct Procurement leads on site. Uses Indirect / Direct Procurement leads on site as back-ups.
- Other duties may be assigned.
III. Position Requirements:
Reports to (Solid line):
Regional Indirect Procurement Manager.
Reports to (Dotted line):
Local Director Operations or Finance.
Education or Equivalent
: BA/BS in Business, Finance, Engineering, Purchasing or other Operations related field, Graduate Degree in Business Preferred. 5+ years of purchasing experience; Global Operations, finance and matrix management experience.
IV. Functional Responsibilities Specific to the Department
- excellent proactive problem-solving and analytical skills.
- extensive knowledge of procurement strategies, tactics, negotiation and contracting skills.
- high personal integrity and ethics with uncompromising standards.
- strong motivational and leadership qualities.
- well organized, detail-oriented, able to multi-task.
- self-motivated, disciplined, focused, able to prioritize work (all the more critical than the solid line Manager will sit in a different location).
- determined to improve the overall throughput and financial goals of the organization.
- advanced PC skills (specifically Excel, Power Point & tools like BRAVO, the Dun & Bradstreet Supplier Risk Manager, the CAPEX-tool & the TCP-tracker).
- excellent oral and written communication skills.
- able to bridge relationships with a variety of individuals and between various departments, sites, functions and levels of the organization.
- able to work in an international team-based environment, intercultural skills.
- very good command of the English language (oral & written) and ideally of one additional regional language.
- travel may be required.
V. Leadership Competencies:
- highly literate to terms relating to procurement and to Catalent.
- able to balance strong negotiation skills and shareholder needs with the need to develop strong relationships with our key suppliers.
Understands who our customers are, how they are motivated and the current and future business challenges they face. Demonstrates a strong bias toward service, quality and customer satisfaction.
Identifies a meaningful goal and captures the imagination of others to achieve it. Empowers others, builds confidence and demonstrates a positive and energizing style. Able to manage through ambiguity and uncertainty.
Assesses the financial implications of decisions and actions. Understands how strategies and tactics work in the marketplace. Balances data analysis with good judgment and common sense.
Takes a collaborative approach by openly discussing issues in a way that brings out the best thinking, attitude and performance in others. Works effectively and productively with shared responsibilities. Considers the effect of decisions on other part of the company.
Willing to explore new possibilities and approach issues differently. Focuses on a desire to achieve a goal rather than a fear of failure.
Driving for Results
Demonstrates the effort and willingness to drive for results, establishes clear goals with simple and actionable measures, holds self and others accountable, and takes action to ensure the delivery of results in accordance with quality, timelines and expectations. Evaluates performance against goals and modifies when necessary.
Has an uncomplicated and uncompromising understanding of right from wrong, both publicly and privately. Values a fair playing field for everyone, and demonstrates courage of conviction for what they believe.
Anticipates future trends and directional shifts in the relevant marketplace, industry and environment. Able to construct meaningful competitive strategies for addressing the known and unknowns of future business scenarios.
Is other-oriented rather than focused on self. Listens effectively and communicates ideas and opinions clearly. Is assertive while showing respect and positive regard for others. Demonstrates an appreciation for people with different backgrounds and points of view.
Uses good judgment and demonstrates a sense of appropriateness. Considers the consequences of personal actions and decisions. Reflects upon and learns from experience.
Catalyst + talent = Catalent. At least, that's the brand Catalent Pharma Solutions is using to try to ensure its customers'...