The Performance Lead is a member of the Performance and Automation COE, accountable for leading and driving performance testing iniatives across major programs within the GBS organization.
- Provides leadership to project teams related to Application Performance Testing and Optimization
- Develops, drives, and implements Performance Test Strategies and project plans to meet major program goals and objectives; focusing on providing significant business impact
- Applies a broad knowledge of performance testing principles, practices and procedures to uncover application bottlenecks and facilitate resolution with Application Development teams
- Ensures all performance related defects are appropriately documented in Quality Center and communicated to project management and AppDev for resolution
- Engages others in developing conceptual solutions to complex, non-routine problems and issues and takes appropriate action to resolve
- Proactively communicates status and test results to program-level and executive-level management as necessary
- Drives to achieve delivery deadlines, budget objectives and total client satisfaction
- Contributes information and ideas to improve existing performance testing framework, tools, and processes
- Collaborates with development, database, and infrastructure teams to help resolve performance issues.
- Bachelor of science degree in computer science or similar
- 8+ years of software engineering experience
- Advanced knowledge of multiple software development languages
- Advanced knowledge of relevant operating systems and communication interfaces
- Advanced knowledge of software design and testing principles
- Advanced knowledge of database management systems
- Experience with MicroStrategy
- 6+ years of Performance Testing/Engineering experience
- Experience working with onshore and offshore vendor partners
Do you know what consumers buy? What consumers watch? Nielsen Knows!
Nielsen is the world’s leading marketing and media information...