Cisco VOIP Engineer
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
Minimum Required Skills:
- Work as part of a team to support day to day voice activities.
- Recommend, Procure, and Implement new UCM solutions to meet our customer's needs.
- Putting together BOM's for deployment of new sites.
- Provide junior engineer and customer mentoring for problem resolution.
- Assists in the development of standardized procedures to enhance the quality and consistency of network implementations.
- CCNP Voice, CCVP & CCNA Route Switch
NICE TO HAVE:
- 3+ years of practical world experience.
- Ability to support CUCM 6.x - 8.6, Candidate should be well versed configuring features such as Extension Mobility, Mobility, Single Number Reach, Attendant Console, Hunt Groups and implementing new gateways.
- Candidate should be well versed using TAPS and BAT processes.
- Ability to support CUC 7.x - 8.6, Candidate should be well versed configuring features such as Auto Attendants & Single User Inbox.
- Ability to support CUPS
- Ability to support CME and CUE, Candidate should be well versed in using the CLI to configure remove, add, change of new users.
- Ability to support UCCX Enterprise Edition, Candidate should be fluent in advanced scripting, and Queue creations.
- Ability to deploy new remote sites with heavy emphasis on H323/MGCP protocol, including trouble shooting the gateway, and properly configuring SRST.
- Candidate must have ability to configure router side translation rules, dial peers, conferencing resources.
- Ability to turn up circuits on Voice Gateways heavy emphasis on POTS Lines, PRI's, but also be familiar with CAS, NFAS, and SIP Trunks using a CUBE.
- Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot daily VoIP and network issues.
- Ability to perform system upgrades and maintenance tasks.
- Candidate should be able to work independently while handling client deployments, implementations and support.
- Strong documentations skills required as well as ability to gather site requirements.
- Strong communication skills is critical.
Experience with small scale VoiP deployment using CME/CUE
- Routing - Qos
- Switching - QoS
- Implementing and supporting CUxAC
- Implementing and supporting CUSP
- Implementing and supporting Meeting Place
- Experience supporting UCCE.
- Experience with UCS series servers.
- Linux Experience
- Vmware Experience (Specifically ESXi 4.0)
GENERAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Experience in new large scale rollout of CUCM 7.x or above
- Experience with support of CUCM 4.x, 5.x, 6.x, 7.x, 8.x using (MGCP/H323)
- Experience with deployment/maintance of Unity Connection 6.x/7.x
- Experience troubleshooting TDM, Voice Gateways (VG2XX)
- Follows documented network services processes and procedures - identifies gaps in processes or documentation and suggests improvements
- Performs customer service duties and responds to customer requests as defined by management
- Responds to customer requests as defined by management completing assignments in a timely manner with an acceptable level of quality
- Troubleshoots network problems and recommends corrective procedures
- Prepares activity reports as requested by management
- Identifies opportunities to improve workflow and creates supporting documentation for review by peers and management
- Maintains network services documentation related to work area
- Completes network change requests in accordance with service level agreements
- Maintains network lab and equipment inventory
- Other related duties assigned as needed
Bachelor's degree in technical discipline or related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience as required for the specific job level
GENERAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Expert professional role having broad expertise or unique knowledge. Uses professional concepts in developing resolution to critical issues and broad design matters. Works independently on significant and unique issues where analysis of situations or data requires an evaluation of intangibles. Exercises independent judgment in methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria for obtaining results. Creates formal networks involving coordination among groups. Expected to be primary mentor for others on staff and is a role model for rest of team. Effectively communicates with all levels of technical and non-technical personnel. Ability to provide communication on issues or complex information to a wide audience based on knowledge. Participates as a senior member in strategic planning and direction. Develops, documents and implements standards, guidelines, direction and education on process/procedures for staff. Assigned to the most highly visible, sensitive and critical systems. Assesses technologies, equipment and vendors to determine benefits for deployment, performs Proof of Concept activities regarding new technologies and/or designs, and designs network environments in support of application and customer requirements. Requires an extensive knowledge of TCP/IP networks including layer two and layer three switching, network based server load balancing, routing protocols, and LAN/WAN technologies. Typically requires a minimum of 8 plus years experience performing hands on network services infrastructure engineering, diagnosing and correcting network problems, and network equipment installation and configuration.
- Communicates ideas both verbally and in written form in a clear, concise, and professional manner
- Knowledge of network technologies (i.e. routers, switches, load balancers, firewalls, network and routing protocols, DNS)
- Knowledge of basic IT technologies (i.e. operating systems, network devices, software development and architecture)
- Requires knowledge of basic office tools
- Ability to understand and apply technical concepts
- Team skills, including the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships
- Flexibility, versatility, dependability
ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Network and Server Administration
FIS™ is the world’s largest global provider dedicated to banking and payments technologies. With a long history deeply rooted in the...