ViaSat's Carlsbad Service Organization supports multiple products, technologies, and high profile customers on a global scale, and is growing rapidly. As part of our strategic plan for growth, our technical training group is expanding and requires motivated and experienced high-value contributors who want to make a difference, be part of a high-energy team, and be recognized for their contributions.
The Senior Technical Training Instructor position takes the training group to the next level, and is responsible for developing and delivering technical training to a diverse audience of customer support staff, technicians, and engineers, as well as ViaSat customers. This is a hands-on position where you learn in-depth principles of operation, theory and maintenance through interaction with actual systems, consult with software and hardware engineering development teams and field application engineers. Your principal responsibilities include:
Subject Matter Expert:
- Conduct technical training courses for customers and employees for multiple ViaSat products and processes;
- Interact with hardware and software engineering, field application engineers, technical support groups and SMEs to develop course content;
- Coordinate availability and readiness of course technical classroom equipment;
- Keep abreast of product additions/enhancements by working with engineering and business development.
- Define the objectives of each training course module and create the content to meet those objectives;
- Define and create hands-on training exercises, proficiency demonstrations and written exams;
- Develop and modify course materials, including CBT;
- Ensure accuracy of content materials in the training;
- Create ancillary material for classroom and online learning environments (instructor notes, PowerPoint presentations, demos and support applications);
- Conduct beta technical training courses for validation and accuracy of training manual and lecture;
- Develop product-specific tests to ensure alignment to objectives, including end-user knowledge testing and certification exams;
- Conduct technical training courses for product roll-out and new/updated training curriculum (technical trainers, application engineers, support engineers, etc.);
- Develop/enhance product and instructional skills that support the Training Department's ability to provide customer-need based training.
You never know what the future holds. This is your chance to create your own destiny with ViaSat. Our Carlsbad, CA office is just 30 minutes north of San Diego and 5 minutes from the beach. We know there is more to life than work and with full gym access, volleyball/basketball courts and meal services onsite you’ll never want to leave our beautiful campus. You can also reach out to help others in the community by being involved in our VPartners program.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a technical field or equivalent work experience
- Proficiency with Windows and Windows-based software
- Demonstrable proficiency with hardware and software configurations and working knowledge of IP/networking
- Hands-on experience with SATCOM systems, hubs and terminals
- Hands-on experience with Linux/Unix based servers
- Hands-on experience with CISCO networking equipment, routers, switches, firewalls
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills
- Ability to function independently in a multi-task environment as well as part of a team
- Must have initiative
- Travel up to 25 percent
- US Citizenship required
Ready to join Viasat? Submitting your resume takes just a few minutes and we’ll send you an automated response to let you know it has been received. If you’re a good match we’ll do our best to follow up with you as soon as possible. ** ViaSat is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. U.S. Citizenship or Lawful Permanent Residence status may be required for certain positions. For positions requiring U.S. Citizenship or Lawful Permanent Resident status, verification of such status will be required upon accepting employment.
ViaSat serves up digital satellite, networking, and signal processing equipment for both government and commercial clients. It makes secure...