Responsible for managing all card games offerings at assigned at CNE location(s), ensuring all activities are in compliance with company and department objectives, goals, policies and procedures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Includes the following (Other duties may be assigned):
- Plans, develops, and implements card game policies for short and long term plans.
- Ensures all games are conducted following established policies and procedures.
- Directs, coordinates and analyzes card game products, services, or operations to ensure maximum profitability.
- Responsible for developing and executing annual department business plans and budgets.
- Maintains monthly budgets, justifying unusual variances while providing monthly status reports.
- Works with Senior Managers and marketing on all aspects of promotions and tournament offerings.
- Maintains and submits required records and reports and maintains the confidential nature of matters pertaining to company records.
- Builds team loyalty while modeling professional behaviors and attitudes
- Maintains constant customer interaction to ensure complete customer satisfaction.
- Create and maintain a team working environment.
- Oversee Department budgets and work with Senior Mangers in maintaining margin goals.
- Performs other duties as requested.
Manage multiple projects without having direct Supervisory responsibilities. Lead and/or guide the work of other employees. Supervises department and has authority over hiring, firing, and performance decisions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Position requires a minimum of a High School Diploma or a GED and a minimum of 3 years experience in a casino or gaming environment.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Must possess strong supervisory and leadership skills.
- Knowledge of casino rules, regulations, and card game procedures/MICS.
- Must be able to obtain a CNGC gaming license, OHRC gaming and racing license.
Requires handling of average-weight objects up to 10lbs. or some standing or walking. Work involves moderate exposure to unusual elements as extreme temperatures, dirt, dust, fumes, smoke, unpleasant odors and/or loud noises. There should be a minimum exposure to physical risks, such as dangerous equipment or working with chemicals.
Potential employees must be 18 years of age or older. The potential employee must be able to pass a drug test and background check and must not have a felony conviction, whether expunged, annulled or sealed by the court. If you meet the minimum qualifications and are motivated to provide outstanding customer service, we hope you will apply for a position with us.
We offer competitive pay and a comprehensive employee benefits program including medical, dental, vision, 401(k) savings plan, life insurance, long-term disability, education assistance, and paid time off.
Cherokee Nation Entertainment (CNE) is the retail, gaming, entertainment, hospitality and cultural tourism entity of the Cherokee Nation. CNE operates eight casinos in Claremore, Fort Gibson, Ramona, Roland, Sallisaw, Tahlequah, Tulsa and West Siloam Springs, as well as the Cherokee Travel Plaza and convenience store, two additional convenience stores, numerous restaurants and entertainment venues, seven retail smoke shops, nine gift shops, two golf courses, two tourism welcome centers, three museums, three hotels, a horse racing track and KOA RV campground.
Recruter: Bernadette Hall Bernadette.Hall@cnent.com
Cherokee Casino and Resort is a Native American Preference Employer.