POSITION PURPOSE: Delivery of age-specific, direct patient care. The Registered Nurse (RN) provides nursing care to patients utilizing the Nursing Process and within the framework of standards for nursing practice as established by the Alaska State Board of Nursing, and the American Nurses Association as well as the Emergency & Outpatient Services department policies and procedures. The RN assumes leadership responsibilities, which include delegation of work to other levels of employees.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
- Education: Graduate of an accredited / approved School of Nursing.
- Licensure / Certification : Licensed as a Registered Nurse in the State of Alaska.
- Experience : One year Registered Nurse experience in an Emergency Department setting with 3 years preferred. One year experience in Med-Surg preferred.
- Current Basic Life Support Certification (BLS) and Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) .
- TNCC & ENPC and PALS preferred. Must complete within one year of hire.
- English Language : Must be able to read, write and speak English clearly.
- Other qualifications : Schedule varies to meet department needs. Ability/willingness to be on call, as required.
- Must be able to prioritize multiple tasks, and work with a variety of health care team members effectively.
South Peninsula Hospital - 19 months ago