NURSE MANAGER - OFF SITE CENTER 6750
FUNCTION OF JOB
Under administrative review, plan, develop, manage, coordinate, monitor and evaluate the activities/operations for one or more off-site clinical centers for a large clinical department, including supervision responsibilities for a clinical staff of ten or more. Ensure the optimum utilization of facilities, space, information systems, and manpower in the accomplishment of clinic and department objectives.
1. Direct and manage the operations and functions of one or more off-site clinical centers.
a. Monitor clinical functions, manage patient flow, and develop procedures to ensure patient satisfaction.
b. Ensure that the delivery of highest quality patient care is provided according to clinic policies and procedures as well as external regulatory agencies.
c. Coordinate Performance Improvement (PI) activities.
2. Develop work schedules and assignments for professional and ancillary staff, with attention to scope of practice, policies/procedures, regulatory requirements, equitable distribution, adequacy of coverage, and appropriate resources (space and facilities).
3. Supervise and coordinate personnel activities, including but not limited to hiring, performance reviews, merit recommendations, promotions, transfers and vacation schedules.
4. Monitor/evaluate competencies of nursing/support personnel; provide staff development opportunities.
5. Allocate space and equipment to ensure conformance with departmental commitments
6. Serve as the Safety, Infection Control, and HIPAA officer.
7. Provide administrative direction and coordination in the formulation, interpretation, and administration of current and long range policies, procedures, and programs.
8. Establish and administer clinical business guidelines:
a. develop patient registration policies and procedures
b. supervise the maintenance of medical records within the clinic(s), and
c. supervise and implement all billing procedures and coordination with the departmental coding/billing manager.
9. Prepare salary, expense and capital equipment budget annually. Operate the clinic(s) within approved budgetary provisions; assess fiscal requirements, monitor and reconcile expenditures, and review and maintain all ancillary contracts and letters of agreement.
10. Prepare management reports (technical, operational, fiscal) which detail patient/procedure volumes, resource utilization, trends, revenues, expenditures, recommendations, etc.
11. Develop and maintain communication with management, staff and patients/customers.
12. Act as departmental liaison for administration, faculty, staff and external organizations.
13. Oversee general clinical operations including, but not limited to record keeping/filing, ordering/purchasing of general medical/surgical supplies, office supplies, equipment, etc.
14. Plan and coordinate construction, renovation, and maintenance activities within or related to the clinic(s).
15. Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED AND GIVEN
Oral and/or written instructions are received from supervision. Provide direction and guidance to support personnel.
MINIMUM ACCEPTABLE QUALIFICATIONS
1. Bachelor's degree in Nursing from accredited School of Nursing, and four years of nursing experience (two years of which must have been at the administrative and/or supervisory level) or equivalent combination of education and experience.
2. Holder of a North Carolina license as a Registered Nurse, Nurse Practitioner or CERTIFIED NURSE MIDWIFE
ADDITIONAL DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS
1. Master's degree in Nursing or equivalent clinical specialty.
2. Master?s degree in Business or Health Administration.
North Carolina Baptist Hospital - 22 months ago
Demon Deacons may sound like a weary clergyman's nightmare but at Wake Forest, it's something to cheer about. Wake Forest...