Metropolitan State University’s College of Health, Community and Professional Studies invites applications and nominations for a full time academic advisor in the School of Nursing. Applicant will provide a full range of academic advising which includes recruiting prospective students, advising prospective and current students, and marketing new and existing programs in the health sciences. Primary work would be with both graduate and undergraduate nursing students in all nursing programs.
- Serving as an academic advisor for an assigned caseload of nursing students.
- Providing a wide range of advising services in person, through phone, and email in accordance with university, college and professional standards.
- Functioning as a team member in the Advising Center of the School of Nursing.
- Maintaining current knowledge of university policies and procedures, academic programs and other programs and services.
- Conducting program information meetings, developing advising resources and materials and functioning as a liaison with college and university faculty and staff.
- Advocating for students best interests.
- Working with faculty in the development of student policies and procedures within the School of Nursing.
- Participating in college and university governance and committee activities.
- Master’s degree or National Academic Advising Association (NACADA) Graduate Certificate in Academic Advising in Higher Education or four years of academic advising experience.
- Two years of academic advising or related professional experience at a regionally accredited institution of higher education.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as a part of a team to lead implementation of improvement projects.
- Demonstrated experience serving an ethnically and culturally diverse student body.
- Excellent communication skills (interpersonal, intercultural, oral and written;)
- Demonstrated attention to detail.
- Basic computer skills including work processing and electronic communications.
- Experience advising students in health related fields.
- Experience working in health care.
- Experience working with computer-based student records systems.